A Michigan school cut a 7-year-old biracial girl's hair, but she won in the end

I'm surprised there wasn't an assault charge involved.

The proper response for any hairstyles not within the rules is to call the parents and send the kid home. Holding them down and cutting their hair seems way over the line.

indeed, this little girl was assaulted.....I would say mutilated.............it's getting to the point that gov entities maybe should be executed for these oversteps

indeed, this little girl was assaulted.....I would say mutilated.............it's getting to the point that gov entities maybe should be executed for these oversteps

Keep up the good work, Special Agent STY. Those racist fuckwits need to be stopped. :flagsal:

The incident took place in Michigan. Although Michigan passed the bill, the fact it happened in one of their schools indicates a problem.

Not any more than some Texas rednecks dragging a black man to his death means that everyone in Texas is a killer racist and that the whole state has a problem.

It's neither yes nor no. It's a rhetorical statement. We both know racists are ubiquitous whether they're in the north, south, east, or west.

Agreed. Here we are almost 60 years after the 1964 Civil Rights Act and we still have a lot of the same problems. Sure, things have gotten better but not the promised "Great Society". What's the problem?

IMO, social change can't be bought. It has to be grown. By institutionalizing racism, we'd only perpetuated the problem even though the institutionalization reduced some of the violence. This is why I think the California idea of throwing money at people as "reparations" won't work. They are attempting to buy people off instead of institute the infrastructure to allow society to grow.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Great-Society
Johnson said in part:.

The Great Society rests on abundance and liberty for all. It demands an end to poverty and racial injustice, to which we are totally committed in our time. But that is just the beginning. The Great Society is a place where every child can find knowledge to enrich his mind and to enlarge his talents. It is a place where leisure is a welcome chance to build and reflect, not a feared cause of boredom and restlessness. It is a place where the city of man serves not only the needs of the body and the demands of commerce but the desire for beauty and the hunger for community.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/californi...e-eyeing-5-million-payments/story?id=96964346
California reparations efforts eyeing $5 million payments, restitution
Efforts in San Francisco and Palm Springs highlight racial inequities.

What does that have to do with an idiot useless law on hair discrimination?

...and the continued lecturing by white people that laws saying 'you cannot forcibly cut the hair of indigenous and PoC to make them look more white', are "useless". FLOL.

Agreed. Here we are almost 60 years after the 1964 Civil Rights Act and we still have a lot of the same problems. Sure, things have gotten better but not the promised "Great Society". What's the problem?

IMO, social change can't be bought. It has to be grown. By institutionalizing racism, we'd only perpetuated the problem even though the institutionalization reduced some of the violence. This is why I think the California idea of throwing money at people as "reparations" won't work. They are attempting to buy people off instead of institute the infrastructure to allow society to grow.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Great-Society

https://abcnews.go.com/US/californi...e-eyeing-5-million-payments/story?id=96964346
California reparations efforts eyeing $5 million payments, restitution
Efforts in San Francisco and Palm Springs highlight racial inequities.

The only way I could favor reparations would be if there was a clear case of property/land owned by someone, who was pushed off or killed or kidnapped so that someone else could have it, without due compensation. Whether those people were former slaves, indigenous, Japanese-Americans, or others who were deprived of property and not compensated, they (or their heirs) deserve at least the chance to make a case.

The only way I could favor reparations would be if there was a clear case of property/land owned by someone, who was pushed off or killed or kidnapped so that someone else could have it, without due compensation. Whether those people were former slaves, indigenous, Japanese-Americans, or others who were deprived of property and not compensated, they (or their heirs) deserve at least the chance to make a case.

I think we shouldn't give out personal reparations but it would be nice to go into black communities and refurbish them a bit since they spent all those years building them up from what little they were allotted.

Agreed. If the state took someone's property, then the state owes them that property or fair compensation. I know of people who lost property or rights to property for eminent domain. That's not the same thing because, right or wrong, they were paid for it.

That said, I believe in Reagan's "shining city on a hill". By continuing to turn a blind eye to the people living in squalor at the bottom of the hill, we can't be a beacon of hope and a leader of the free world. Currently, 92% of all public schools are funded locally. We, the People should rebalance that situation by ensuring all children received a quality education K-12 with programs for the gifted in junior college or a university. Libraries should be funded with learning centers where children can learn on line. Incentives for training and manufacturing jobs should be supported in low income, high unemployment areas.

We, the People should be looking to the future, not focusing upon the past. We learn from the past so we can live a better present and plan for a better future.

I think we shouldn't give out personal reparations but it would be nice to go into black communities and refurbish them a bit since they spent all those years building them up from what little they were allotted.

Agreed. Even if it's increased and more reliable bus schedules so they can travel to schools and work.

When I was in Israel one thing that impressed me were the buses. Clean, timely and relatively inexpensive...throughout the country. I've never ridden public transportation much, but the best I've ever seen was in Israel.

Agreed. If the state took someone's property, then the state owes them that property or fair compensation. I know of people who lost property or rights to property for eminent domain. That's not the same thing because, right or wrong, they were paid for it.

That said, I believe in Reagan's "shining city on a hill". By continuing to turn a blind eye to the people living in squalor at the bottom of the hill, we can't be a beacon of hope and a leader of the free world. Currently, 92% of all public schools are funded locally. We, the People should rebalance that situation by ensuring all children received a quality education K-12 with programs for the gifted in junior college or a university. Libraries should be funded with learning centers where children can learn on line. Incentives for training and manufacturing jobs should be supported in low income, high unemployment areas.

We, the People should be looking to the future, not focusing upon the past. We learn from the past so we can live a better present and plan for a better future.

Agree. Be careful now though. You're beginning to sound like one of us. ;)

I'm surprised there wasn't an assault charge involved.

The proper response for any hairstyles not within the rules is to call the parents and send the kid home. Holding them down and cutting their hair seems way over the line.

Interesting. yet you're one of the fucktards who is just fine with liberal teachers hiding that they are treating students as another gender, from parents.

Interesting. yet you're one of the fucktards who is just fine with liberal teachers hiding that they are treating students as another gender, from parents.

Quote me saying so or be man enough to admit you're a lying fuckwit.

I'm guessing you'll do neither because you are a dishonest person.

Back