A ONE TERM PRESIDENT?

Keep praying, Tutu. If the economy doesn't recover by this time next year, the Dems are toast in the mid-terms. If it doesn't recover by 2012, Obama is definitely toast.

If it does, we can expect the opposite results.

Regardless, both timeframes are political eternities. No doubt you are hoping for continued recession & job losses, but I see that scenario as unlikely.

I'm throwing out the longer the recovery takes the better for Obama.
If he averages 2% or better in GDP and it's climbing in 2011 he's a shoe in.

There are, sadly, still many racists in America. However, as President Obama's historic victory proved, they are now in the minority.

I look forward to at least two terms of President Obama's leadership, and I am confident that when the GOP-inspired 22nd Amendment is ditched, he will be able to serve the people as long as he wants to.

Who else has had the vision and leadership to give the people the benefits they deserve, like heath care?

These opponents of reform would rather score political points than offer relief to Americans who've seen premiums double and costs grow three times faster than wages. They would maintain a system that works for the insurance and the drug companies, while becoming increasingly unaffordable for families and for businesses.

You're forgetting the ability of political parties to shoot themselves in the foot. If the Repubs do something stupid like nominate Palin or Huckabee then Obama cold go into rehab for crack and still win re-election. Don't believe it? Just remember 04 when the Dems nominated Kerry.

I still can never figure out how Dean took third in Iowa. WTF???

Back