A very disapointing $47,000 verdict!

Jarod

Contributor
My trial is over as of yesterday...

They found the defendant 100% at fault, not our guys fault he was run over by a forklift.

But they only awarded him a small amount of money as they belived he was not so severly injured.

No, you dont. This guys medical bills were well over that amount, his costs for the trial are more than that amount. He is severly injured and will not collect a dime.

No, you dont. This guys medical bills were well over that amount, his costs for the trial are more than that amount. He is severly injured and will not collect a dime.

Man, I wish I would've gotten run over by a forklift in a nation with national healthcare.

That's too bad, Jarod. You'd reasonably expect that all his expenses, both medical and legal, would be covered at least, along with any loss of wages. :(

Man, I wish I would've gotten run over by a forklift in a nation with national healthcare.

It's much harder to sue in nation's with more government, you would never have been able to sue for medical treatment and cost because that was "free" to begin with.
Another good reason showing why government run/funded healthcare is bad at controlling costs because it (taxpayers) just swallow any costs that normally may have been recouped with lawsuits.

I assume Home Depot will quietly pay rather than attempt another trial after such a positive, for them, verdict.

It's much harder to sue in nation's with more government, you would never have been able to sue for medical treatment and cost because that was "free" to begin with.
Another good reason showing why government run/funded healthcare is bad at controlling costs because it (taxpayers) just swallow any costs that normally may have been recouped with lawsuits.

What? Is this a bad thing?

My trial is over as of yesterday...

They found the defendant 100% at fault, not our guys fault he was run over by a forklift.

But they only awarded him a small amount of money as they belived he was not so severly injured.

MAYBE you should have stuck to suing ONLY the moron who was driving the forklift and couldn't see, rather than being greedy and trying to blame Home Depot as well for not having a (worlds most retarded) policy of telling employees common sense, like not to drive when they can't see in front of them.
Next time sue the individual(s) responsible and NOT the company that pays them a check.

I assume Home Depot will quietly pay rather than attempt another trial after such a positive, for them, verdict.

How do you know its HD?

I always said it was a big box store?

They may not have to pay a dime, they had an formal offer in that will likely force my client to pay attorney fees that will be close to the amount of the verdict.

Oh and YOU are his costs for the trial, you're already a millionaire, if you feel so bad for him, do it pro bono rather than add to his debt and come on here and fake sympathy.

How do you know its HD?

They may not have to pay a dime, they had an formal offer in that will likely force my client to pay attorney fees that will be close to the amount of the verdict.
In the other thread you said Home Depot several times.

How do you know its HD?

Ahem, you inadvertently mentioned it in a post just before the trial. :o

Back