A very disapointing $47,000 verdict!

Oh and YOU are his costs for the trial, you're already a millionaire, if you feel so bad for him, do it pro bono rather than add to his debt and come on here and fake sympathy.

I am not the costs I was talking about. I will not collect a dime for my time. The costs are for things like paying the Doctors to testify, paying the court reporter, paying for the depositions, trial exhibits... those type of things.

I am not the costs I was talking about. I will not collect a dime for my time. The costs are for things like paying the Doctors to testify, paying the court reporter, paying for the depositions, trial exhibits... those type of things.
Why would the winner have to pay the court reporter? That seems like a fundamentally unfair system.

Why would the winner have to pay the court reporter? That seems like a fundamentally unfair system.

We can go after them for our taxable costs, because technically we won, if it comes to that, but because they get attorneys fees... we will likely come to some sort of agreement. They will not pay much, if at all. What they do pay, if any, will pay for the un-assessable costs and medical bills.

On the issue of it being Home Depot, if I accidently said that I might have made a mistake. I kept confusing the two stores in my mind (long story), but dont assume that because I said HD, it was HD!

No, you dont. This guys medical bills were well over that amount, his costs for the trial are more than that amount. He is severly injured and will not collect a dime.
You could "write-off" your fees...

It's much harder to sue in nation's with more government, you would never have been able to sue for medical treatment and cost because that was "free" to begin with.
Another good reason showing why government run/funded healthcare is bad at controlling costs because it (taxpayers) just swallow any costs that normally may have been recouped with lawsuits.

yet you are one of those guys that thinks the govt. should step in an lawsuit awards. Make up your mind dude.

Back