A way to help government pay off debt and help the market. Follow Sweden...

KingCondanomation

And privatize our postal service.
Many countries now have privatized their postal service, including Sweden, the Netherlands, New Zealand and Japan.
Sweden and the Netherlands are ranked as having the most efficient postal service in Europe.
New Zealand postal prices fell with more efficiency.
"Basic postage rates fell 11 percent—from NZ$0.45 to NZ$0.40—in 1995, and the real price of a letter dropped approximately 30 percent between 1987 and 1995. Moreover, New Zealand Post has earned a profit every year since 1986."
http://www.reason.org/apr2005/priv_japan.shtml

Think of the benefits, it would raise revenue to help with our debt, increase competition and give consumers more choice, while helping the market expand.

In times of crisis, we need some real change from the current route of more and more government involvement in the economy. Contact your rep and help privatize the postal service and help give yourself more choice and your country's financial situation!

Take this seriously, when countries are in economic problems they often privatize more to raise funds. At least let something good come out of our situation and help improve the situation itself.

Take this seriously, when countries are in economic problems they often privatize more to raise funds. At least let something good come out of our situation and help improve the situation itself.
Great idea. Do you ever feel like you are talking inside the dome of silence on these things?

And privatize our postal service.
Many countries now have privatized their postal service, including Sweden, the Netherlands, New Zealand and Japan.
Sweden and the Netherlands are ranked as having the most efficient postal service in Europe.
New Zealand postal prices fell with more efficiency.
"Basic postage rates fell 11 percent—from NZ$0.45 to NZ$0.40—in 1995, and the real price of a letter dropped approximately 30 percent between 1987 and 1995. Moreover, New Zealand Post has earned a profit every year since 1986."
http://www.reason.org/apr2005/priv_japan.shtml

Think of the benefits, it would raise revenue to help with our debt, increase competition and give consumers more choice, while helping the market expand.

In times of crisis, we need some real change from the current route of more and more government involvement in the economy. Contact your rep and help privatize the postal service and help give yourself more choice and your country's financial situation!

No, the US has one of the most efficient postal systems in the entire world. There is no need for change.

While I agree the postal service should be fully privatized (it half-ass hybrid now), I don't think it would help much with our current situation.

No, the US has one of the most efficient postal systems in the entire world. There is no need for change.

They are certainly more efficient than the horror stories of the 80's but what do you base that on? Show some proof of that statement.

From the proof I show in my link, postal services when privatized increase efficiency more and lead to lower postal prices.

I'd also throw in that they could tend to be greener because they could charge differing amounts based on how far you send a letter, leading to more incentive to send letters locally and less by a further distance.

Legalizing pot and taxing the hell out of it would be a great idea.

Its a recession proof type of industry.

Beer sales never go down in bad times and neither would pot.

Legalizing pot and taxing the hell out of it would be a great idea.

Its a recession proof type of industry.

Beer sales never go down in bad times and neither would pot.

You can't tax it too much or you would have a black market, but I am ok with that idea so long as any government drug treatment programs and healthcare for that are abolished.
Freedom must come with responsibility.

Do people make their own beer because its cheaper to do so?

You can limmit the plants people can grow themselves.

Plants take time to grow into maturity.

Varieties will be the fashion.

When you buy it packaged it will not come with seeds.

They will be prerolled and cleaned and the paraphernalia will also be selling like crazy.

You can grow regs in your yard but if you want the good stuff its pattened and the seeds to grow it will be mighty expensive.

Freedom must come with responsibility.

You can't have freedom with out personal responsibility--right on. Obama once said about a Bush quote "we are a nation of ownership"--obama replied during the campaign "more like a nation of on your own".

Yes obama---freedom is on your own. The man is a marxist. simple as that.

and these worthless fags here---need a baby sitter.

die commies die.

You can't have freedom with out personal responsibility--right on. Obama once said about a Bush quote "we are a nation of ownership"--obama replied during the campaign "more like a nation of on your own".

Yes obama---freedom is on your own. The man is a marxist. simple as that.

and these worthless fags here---need a baby sitter.

die commies die.

You can have freedom without responsibility, just look over at libertarian dreamland Somalia.

The founders specifically put the post office in the constitution.

Why do you hate the founders Dano?

The postal clause just states congress has the power to establish postal offices and postal roads.

It does NOT say that they HAVE to do that nor does it forbid competition. This was only added to facilitate mail delivery across the land in the early days.

As for hatred of the founders (no I am not taking you literally), Jefferson feared that the postal service would become a source of patronage and a waste of money, and expressed doubt at granting Congress the power to designate post roads, as he considered road building to be a state responsibility.

As an urbanite, I wouldn't necessarily mind privatizing the post office. Urban to urban mailing would be relatively cheap. Rural folks would get screwed though.

The postal clause just states congress has the power to establish postal offices and postal roads.

It does NOT say that they HAVE to do that nor does it forbid competition. This was only added to facilitate mail delivery across the land in the early days.

As for hatred of the founders (no I am not taking you literally), Jefferson feared that the postal service would become a source of patronage and a waste of money, and expressed doubt at granting Congress the power to designate post roads, as he considered road building to be a state responsibility.

And Hamilton loved the idea of a national post office. He is just as legitimate an opinion. I like some of Jeffersons though (his anti-clericalism especially), but I strongly disagree with other parts of his ideology, like his not believing in giving the judiciary any power to check the other branches, and his opposition to the post office.

Back