Advise & Consent

And according to Article 2, section 2 of the Constitution the President isn't allowed a choice unless he seeks first the "ADVISE" of the Senate.

I agree, he must call up some Senators and ask what they think... then he can do what he wants.

Obama claims to be a constitutional scholar and he is saying that relative to appointing judges to the Court, that the Constitution is “clear.” He says, “the President shall make nominations to the Court.” He fails to report that the Constitution’s actual text says, “He shall have power with the advise and consent of the Senate shall appoint Judges of the Supreme Court.” (Article 2, Section 2, United States Constitution)

Who thinks that Obama will call the leaders of the Senate to the White House and seek their advise as to who he should appoint to the Court to replace Scalia?

I’ll be awaiting the main stream media’s reporting of that happening, how about you?

I think he'll call Senate leadership but it will be the Democrats in the minority leadership positions.

If you want to be a strict constructionist, it looks like the Senate must agree.... They are not given a choice but to consent. IT does not say, consent or veto, it simply says consent.

* I am being sarcastic, but the argument is about as good as many based on Strict Construction.

That isn't good sarcasm.

heres what should happen

Obama nominates someone

the congress rejects them

the next day he nominates another person.

then congress rejects that person.

he keeps giving them nominees immediately after they reject someone

the republican party will be hated by every American In short order

Are you saying that the Republicans in the Senate should automatically confirm whomever Obama nominates like he did when he was a Senator? Wait, that's not what he did.

More likely the President will nominate someone, the Congress will take months maybe a year to decide not to vote, then the new Congress will simply wait for Hillary to renew the nomination.

When the Senate is still Republican, to use Hillary's words, "what difference does it make?"

you aren't being sarcastic, you are being disingenuous.......nobody in the 200+ years of American history has pretended the Senate can't say no........

The difference now is Obama is appointing someone and the only option is to confirm according to Liberals.

you are not the first to have made that observation over the years......

There are many on here like him that claim they are educated yet their misuse of words (your vs. you're; won't vs want, there vs. their vs. they're, etc), poor punctuation, misspellings, and bad grammar is embarrassing to those of us that are educated. When you call them on it, the EXCUSE is something to the effect that is doesn't matter. Educated people know that proper communication, meaning all those things, is important regardless of the situation.

Back