After Threats Kerry Gets What He Wants...

:gives: This issue I think though is a bigger issue and is about media access. Why shouldn't the game be on for everyone to enjoy who wants to watch? Especially if you live in that state. I always hate it when the Vols has PPV specials and don't show it on a local network. :rolleyes: At least they play it on the radio though.
Why should I care if the NFL is that stupid?

All of our local games are shown on local channels. Why would it take an act of congress to make it that way in your area? It's in the contract man....

Not always. As I said there have been at least two/three times this last season that the Vols had PPV specials and they didn't show it on any of our local networks (I'm in TN) but just had it on the radio. My father and I like to watch the game but those games we didn't cause we didn't want to spend $30 something on the game when you can listen on the radio. Why? Because maybe because Congress has more authority or some such thing?

Why should I care if the NFL is that stupid?

All of our local games are shown on local channels. Why would it take an act of congress to make it that way in your area? It's in the contract man....

Not always. As I said there have been at least two/three times this last season that the Vols had PPV specials and they didn't show it on any of our local networks (I'm in TN) but just had it on the radio. My father and I like to watch the game but those games we didn't cause we didn't want to spend $30 something on the game when you can listen on the radio. Why? Because maybe because Congress has more authority or some such thing?
The only way that you don't get the show on local TV is if you don't fill the stadium. I don't think that happens in New England or at Giant's stadium.

I thought that was in the contract around the nation. In fact I'm pretty danged sure of that.

Of course the other places, like here, would only get it on NFL network. But I couldn't care less if the NFL is so stupid that they air the game on a network that isn't picked up by 60% of the population. That is their stupidity.

Oh well I didn't know anything about that so yea but that's interesting. At least it was only like two/three times and they still had it on the radio and we do get ESPN and all that. But yea you'd think they would want people to watch. Wouldn't that give them better ratings and all that?

The only way that you don't get the show on local TV is if you don't fill the stadium. I don't think that happens in New England or at Giant's stadium.

I thought that was in the contract around the nation. In fact I'm pretty danged sure of that.

Of course the other places, like here, would only get it on NFL network. But I couldn't care less if the NFL is so stupid that they air the game on a network that isn't picked up by 60% of the population. That is their stupidity.

Oh well I didn't know anything about that so yea but that's interesting. At least it was only like two/three times and they still had it on the radio and we do get ESPN and all that. But yea you'd think they would want people to watch. Wouldn't that give them better ratings and all that?
Exactly. Why limit the amount you can get from commercials?

I guess it's just weird how they still had it on the radio but not regular cable networks. *shrug* I guess what I really don't get is when it's in your own state.
Yeah, the contract only covers an area around the stadium of about 100 miles or so. I'm not sure of the limit. This means that in certain areas of many states you wouldn't get the same treatment as those in the city with the stadium.

Oh okay I understand. So if you live where the game is being played you'd get to watch it? Would they get more or less money by offering it everywhere?

Yeah, the contract only covers an area around the stadium of about 100 miles or so. I'm not sure of the limit. This means that in certain areas of many states you wouldn't get the same treatment as those in the city with the stadium.

Darla is constantly laughing at my posts, and so are you. You just don't want to admit it. I understand. Especially when you attempt to make us believe that only Ds are funny.

It's okay.... Nobody will look down on you if you just admit it.

Darla is constantly laughing at my posts, and so are you. You just don't want to admit it. I understand. Especially when you attempt to make us believe that only Ds are funny.

It's okay.... Nobody will look down on you if you just admit it.
you are never funny Damo. Darla and I are just patronizing you.

Half Hour Comedy show is fucking retarded.

There are some good quasi-libertarian comics, but I can't think of a single conservative comic I like. Dennis Miller occasionally pops some good ones, but overall he has declined in his skill.

Back