Al Gore Jr. buys massive 100ft boat, claims it is eco-friendly

You need to prove they're ineffective. 1+x=y. y-1=x. It's that easy. If you prevent carbon from being released into the atmosphere to balance your own output, you are living ethically and morally balancing out your carbon footprint in addition to actually leaving a net sum of 0 extra carbon. How would it be ineffective? Ideally you'd buy carbon offsets and not produce co2. But it would be absurd to expect Gore to do that. The most we can expect of him is to walk the walk and leave a net neutral carbon footprint.
And if you offset more than just your selfish behind, are you "more moral"? And if he believes the world will collapse and it is so urgent that everybody needs to fear the coming super storm, then wouldn't he act a bit more responsibly? I know if I believed the world would collapse I wouldn't be contributing ever more carbon because I made myself feel better by purchasing an "offset".

Seriously, if the need is that urgent and others will not follow you must act, not just offset your own behind.

even greater shocker.... a lefty uses "your gay" as an "insult"

Who said anything about either of you being gay?

It's just clear that you love each other. It's a beautiful thing, really, though it can get annoying w/ the way you gush all over each other all the time...

Who said anything about either of you being gay?

It's just clear that you love each other. It's a beautiful thing, really, though it can get annoying w/ the way you gush all over each other all the time...

This is quite funny coming from a charter member of the lefty circle jerk that occurs daily on the board.

Ohhh, so I’m to be sidelined as a cheerleader, while the men do the intellectual lifting. I see.

LMAO.... somehow after typing that I knew that is where you would take that comment... but no... that is NOT the implication.

It means you sit on the side egging the idiots on for your entertainment. Trust me... there is little "intellectual lifting" being done when their little circle jerk forms.

It is mainly Lorax, Dung, ib1 etc... spouting off some leftwing talking point and then Gumby running up and humping their legs just as fast as he can.

I always thought it was just anyone who didn't adore & fawn over Bush like Superfreak does.

I haven't seen any dynamic from the lefties on the board that even remotely compares to Damo riding in on his white horse to try to rescue Superfreak time & again when he has talked himself into a deep, unforgiving hole. Really, he does it on almost every thread.

Like I said, it's beautiful as far as the love relationship goes - standing up for his man & all that - but it can get kind of annoying...

Last edited:
I laugh at the looney's on the left and right. There are only a few centerist here, I'm only a centerist because I'm a turbo-lib on social issues, who's pro business.

Back