Alan Keyes sues for Obama Records...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.chipleypaper.com/news/presidential_2528___article.html/proof_obama.html

Keyes sues to obtain Obama citizenship proof
November 14, 2008 - 11:23PM

Presidential candidate Alan Keyes, AIP leaders sue in CA court to obtain Obama citizenship proof, stop Secretary of State from certifying Electors

Presidential candidate Alan Keyes, vice-presidential candidate Wiley S. Drake, and the Chairman of the American Independent Party, Markham Robinson, have filed suit in California Superior Court in Sacramento seeking to bar Secretary of State Debra Bowen from certifying to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger the names of Electors, and from transmitting to each presidential Elector a Certificate of Election, until documentary proof is produced and verified showing that Senator Obama is a “natural born” citizen of the United States, and does not hold citizenship of Indonesia, Kenya or Great Britain.

In addition, they have asked that the court issue a peremptory writ barring Senator Obama’s California Electors from signing the Certificate of Vote until such documentary proof is produced and verified.

In response to questions about why the suit was being filed, Ambassador Keyes commented, “I and others are concerned that this issue be properly investigated and decided before Senator Obama takes office. Otherwise there will be a serious doubt as to the legitimacy of his tenure. This doubt would also affect the respect people have for the Constitution as the supreme law of the land. I hope the issue can be quickly clarified so that the new President can take office under no shadow of doubt. This will be good for him and for the nation.”

More at link...

While I have little doubt that Obama fully meets the qualification requirement to be president, I agree that the manner in which the issue has been handled is pure unadulterated BS. Since when is it NOT the business of a United States citizen whether the person being voted for office meets the constitutional requirements. The courts, IMO, are truly fucked for their decision which says, in basis, that it is none of our business.

I also have little doubt the issue, being in truth unresolved in the official capacity that SHOULD be paid to constitutional qualification requirements, would taint Obama's legitimacy. Even if that tainting is ever so slight, any at all is far more than he needs when facing some of the toughest challenges ever faced by an incoming president. In that I agree with Keyes that it needs to be resolved in an official capacity, as opposed to being tabled because the first individual "has no standing" (what a fucking crock!) to make such a challenge.

http://www.chipleypaper.com/news/presidential_2528___article.html/proof_obama.html

Presidential candidate Alan Keyes, vice-presidential candidate Wiley S. Drake, and the Chairman of the American Independent Party, Markham Robinson, have filed suit in California Superior Court in Sacramento seeking to bar Secretary of State Debra Bowen from certifying to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger the names of Electors, and from transmitting to each presidential Elector a Certificate of Election, until documentary proof is produced and verified showing that Senator Obama is a “natural born” citizen of the United States, and does not hold citizenship of Indonesia, Kenya or Great Britain.

Ah, a Briton running America again. Just like the good old days, eh?

Ah, a Briton running America again. Just like the good old days, eh?

Hmmm.....I always tell my liberal friends when complaining "Could we possibly do worse than George W Bush?" I say. "Well, yes, there's always King George the III."

A Scottish friend once set me straight on British Royalty.

At a dinner he toasted and said "God Bless the Queen" and I hostilely said "Fuck the Queen" to which, in a very innocent manner, he said in his Scottish brogue. "Oi mate, you canna even approach her!"

Keyes sues to obtain Obama citizenship proof
November 14, 2008 - 11:23PM

Presidential candidate Alan Keyes, AIP leaders sue in CA court to obtain Obama citizenship proof, stop Secretary of State from certifying Electors

In addition, they have asked that the court issue a peremptory writ barring Senator Obama’s California Electors from signing the Certificate of Vote until such documentary proof is produced and verified.

In response to questions about why the suit was being filed, Ambassador Keyes commented, “I and others are concerned that this issue be properly investigated and decided before Senator Obama takes office. Otherwise there will be a serious doubt as to the legitimacy of his tenure. This doubt would also affect the respect people have for the Constitution as the supreme law of the land. I hope the issue can be quickly clarified so that the new President can take office under no shadow of doubt. This will be good for him and for the nation.”

More at link...

I thought that if your parent were an American citizen that you were by right one, also? Has that law changed? What are the restrictions to the law? Why is this an issue, he is jealous? Arnold wants to be President and he is working through Keyes? Sour grapes?

Through birth abroad to one United States citizen

For persons born on or after November 14, 1986, a person is a U.S. citizen if all of the following are true:[4]

1. One of the person's parents was a U.S. citizen when the person in question was born;
2. The citizen parent lived at least 5 years in the United States before his or her child's birth;
3. A minimum of 2 of these 5 years in the United States were after the citizen parent's 14th birthday.

A person's record of birth abroad, if registered with a U.S. consulate or embassy, is proof of his or her citizenship. Such a person may also apply for a passport or a Certificate of Citizenship to have a record of his or her citizenship. Such documentation is often useful to prove citizenship in lieu of the availability of an American birth certificate.

Different rules apply for persons born abroad to one U.S. citizen before November 14, 1986. United States law on this subject changed multiple times throughout the twentieth century, and the law as it existed at the time of the individual's birth controls.

Where is Keyes hung up? Idiot!

I thought that if your parent were an American citizen that you were by right one, also? Has that law changed? What are the restrictions to the law? Why is this an issue, he is jealous? Arnold wants to be President and he is working through Keyes? Sour grapes?
It did change. If you were born to somebody under 18 in another nation where the Father was a citizen then you would not be a citizen of the US at that time.

Another oddity. When Obama went to school in Indonesia, only citizens were allowed into their schools, and dual citizenship wasn't allowed at that time.

For persons born on or after November 14, 1986, a person is a U.S. citizen if all of the following are true:[4]

1. One of the person's parents was a U.S. citizen when the person in question was born;
2. The citizen parent lived at least 5 years in the United States before his or her child's birth;
3. A minimum of 2 of these 5 years in the United States were after the citizen parent's 14th birthday.

A person's record of birth abroad, if registered with a U.S. consulate or embassy, is proof of his or her citizenship. Such a person may also apply for a passport or a Certificate of Citizenship to have a record of his or her citizenship. Such documentation is often useful to prove citizenship in lieu of the availability of an American birth certificate.

Different rules apply for persons born abroad to one U.S. citizen before November 14, 1986. United States law on this subject changed multiple times throughout the twentieth century, and the law as it existed at the time of the individual's birth controls.

Did you know that Obama was born before 1986? And that, again, if your mother was under 18 and you were born to a father of another nation in that nation's borders then you would not be a US citizen at that time.

Alan Keyes?

:barf:

Alan Keyes is the most disgraced man in America .. who just happens to be the same Alan Keyes who Obama beat 70% to 27%, the widest margin in Illinois state history.

Keyes has already repeatedly proven that he has no shame in his game and will lower himself to any level for attention.

This ultra-conservative fool who presumes himself to lecture blacks about race had the gall to scream racism when republicans shunned his stupid ass and refused to allow his lunatic banter into the debates.

Anyone with the slightest modicum of decency wouldn't dare show their face when it comes to Obama after the ass-whooping he put on Keyes.

What a fool

Did you know that Obama was born before 1986? And that, again, if your mother was under 18 and you were born to a father of another nation in that nation's borders then you would not be a US citizen at that time.

Shit like this is exactly why republicans are shrinking.

ACORN, Ayers, muslim, birth certificate, Wright, "Hussein", Michelle Obama, and all of the rest of the bullshit republicans wasted time spouting to no avail.

What dummy doesn't know that Senators are put through a rigourous vetting process and their backgrounds are thouroughly checked. What dummy wouldn't know that?

Instead of focusing on valid criticisms of Obama, they played to their uneducated base of wrestling fans and reached for the stupid.

Shit like this is exactly why republicans are shrinking.

ACORN, Ayers, muslim, birth certificate, Wright, "Hussein", Michelle Obama, and all of the rest of the bullshit republicans wasted time spouting to no avail.

What dummy doesn't know that Senators are put through a rigourous vetting process and their backgrounds are thouroughly checked. What dummy wouldn't know that?

Instead of focusing on valid criticisms of Obama, they played to their uneducated base of wrestling fans and reached for the stupid.
None of what I said means that I believe that Obama was born in Kenya.

At this point I don't think it would even matter if he was.

What I said is providing 1986 laws to show somebody else is wrong when it would go by the laws of 1960 or so is irrelevant. I simply cited the law that the people were working "with" in their questions. Personally I would simply provide, more openly, my birth certificate for viewing rather than have a silly conspiracy follow me around.

errrr need I point out....Obama was born in 1961.

This is the best response I've seen to these stupid conspiracy theories so I'll just lift it, give the author credit and post it here.

"The problem is that wouldn't dispel all the conspiracy theories. You can never appease them, even when you meet their demands with facts.

Conspiracy theorists claimed he wasn't a citizen.
Obama had the copy of birth certificate the campaign obtained released.

Conspiracy theorists said it was PhotoShop and "proved it" with analysis of text halos, lack of creases, lack of a raised seal, etc. . .
Obama had third parties examine it and more images popped up showing clear text, creases, a raised seal, etc. . .

Conspiracy theorists said it was a forgery and had "proof" from their forensic analysts.
Obama had the staffers in the Hawaii Department of Health verify that the document number was that of a legitimate birth certificate.

Conspiracy theorists said wouldn't believe it unless someone from the state made a public and official statement.
Obama had the Health Department Director and the registrar of vital statistics issue a press release stating they personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

What's next? After releasing the original birth certificate, conspiracy theorists will want affidavits from the doctors and nurses. After releasing LSAT scores, conspiracy theorists will want every paper written while in law school. After releasing college transcripts, conspiracy theorists will want every exam taken in college. After releasing SAT scores, conspiracy theorists will want high school transcripts.

Conspiracy theorists claim cover up by the Governor, ignoring that she's Republican and has been anti-Obama. Conspiracy theorists claim special restrictions by the Hawaii government just for Obama's records, ignoring that the laws preventing the general release of everyone's records have been on the books for decades. Conspiracy theorists claim he wasn't born in Hawaii, ignoring the birth certificate and birth announcement in the paper. Conspiracy theorists claim he has a Kenyan birth certificate, ignoring the fact that they weren't required for foreigners back then, and foreigners had to find the right government office, wade through layers of bureaucracy, and pay a fee to get a Kenyan birth certificate issued.

The tinfoil hat brigade believes in a plot by both Republicans and Democrats, by a state governor and state officials, by the US government and the Kenyan government, by today's media and newspapers back in the 60s, and apparently in a white teenager's ability to mastermind a scheme to lay down a paper trail to make her Kenyan born son appear to be a natural born citizen because in the 1961 she thought her half black kid would someday become president, but also in a teenage mastermind that's somehow stupid enough to jump through hoops to pay for a Kenyan birth certificate before rushing back to the US.
Everyone else believes Obama was born in Hawaii. "

by Loopy
http://forums.anandtech.com/message...ORDFRM=&STARTPAGE=6&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Last edited:
Hence making it very public and easy to obtain so that normal people won't be temporarily drawn into this. Just let Hawaii release copies of the original document, it would go a long way to appeasing this. Shoot, since Keyes started this suit it's gotten more air time than I ever thought it would. I'm sure that somebody somewhere will make an end to this by simply requesting the documents.

Back