America's police are looking more and more like the military?!!

What's the response time for the national guard? And I wasnt aware they had units for handling terrorism or hostage situations.

....that's the job of the NG. Well, one of them. Also response time is meaningless in hostage situations. SWAT needs at least 3-4 hours to prepare a raid.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/07/militarization-local-police-america

swat.jpg

This gets back in reference to my other brilliant observations on another post about using women cops and the gun being the first line of defense for a cop compared to it being the last line of defense.

The police at one time were called peace officers and their guns only were to be used as a last resort. Now they are Para military units and their weapons minus the old reliable Billy clubs are foremost as in any Para military operation. Cops used to be civilians, now they're government agents.

Then neither should you.

Tell me why cops are chasing potential DUI's up and down the highways instead of patrolling neighborhoods where the citizens are living?

Answer: Because the government told them to.

Tell me why cops don't know Harry from Zelda in any given neighborhood and don't know who should and who shouldn't be in any given neighborhood after dark like they used to?

Answer: Because cops have the mentality that everybody is a potential criminal.

....that's the job of the NG. Well, one of them. Also response time is meaningless in hostage situations. SWAT needs at least 3-4 hours to prepare a raid.

"Response time is meaningless in hostage situations?" LOL

OK.

I dont know everything about the nat guard but altho they do respond to terrorist threats/actions, it's mostly as security.

OK.

I dont know everything about the nat guard but altho they do respond to terrorist threats/actions, it's mostly as security.

Yeah, response time is meaningless. You think they just charge in blind down the front door guns blazing? What else are you picturing, a fucking bugle sounding right before hand?

OK.

after all this time of me posting, you still aren't familiar with 'officer safety' being their number one priority?

Yeah, response time is meaningless. You think they just charge in blind down the front door guns blazing? What else are you picturing, a fucking bugle sounding right before hand?

Your assumption does not necessarily follow my comment. Unless you think there is only way to act immediately?

Your assumption does not necessarily follow my comment. Unless you think there is only way to act immediately?

This must be what you think goes on if you think response time to a HOSTAGE SITUATION is important:

the NG in a domestic role is no different than civilian law enforcement. if you need evidence of that, read up on their involvement during the LA riots.

This is what I quoted:

after all this time of me posting, you still aren't familiar with 'officer safety' being their number one priority?

So you are claiming that the NG's primary role...including during the LA Riots in your example....is 'officer safety?'

This is what I quoted:

So you are claiming that the NG's primary role...including during the LA Riots in your example....is 'officer safety?'

In their case it's troop safety, but yeah, that's their primary CONCERN.

Well, this is what 'response time' gets you...

GEORGIA – Lamar Roberson is dead after his girlfriend called the police to help her when he began to suffer negative affects of too much diabetes medication.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/w...-cops-arrive-shoot-death-video/#axzz2guP6fQd2

That's taking things a bit off track. I'm not claiming any shining examples for police OR NG response times. I'm commenting on roles.

If I felt that anyone's response times would keep me safe, I wouldnt carry or keep guns as one component of my personal safety.

http://www.ibtimes.com/why-did-obama-sign-2013-ndaa-after-threatening-veto-992860

NDAA is seriously bad law. Link above is more about indefinate detentions/Obama signing statements

I never knew much re: the militarization of our domestic police force (OP link).

Not exactly Posse Comitatus but screwed up in it's own right:

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/10/7/us_army_denies_unit_will_be

In a barely noticed development, a US Army unit is now training for domestic operations under the control of US Army North, the Army service component of Northern Command.
An initial news report in the Army Times newspaper last month noted that in addition to emergency response the force “may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control.”
The military has since claimed the force will not be used for civil unrest, but questions remain.

NDAA has got to go. Insane to have mine sweepers on streets (etc.)

Back