An Absolute MUST SEE...

That's always been the trick of doing a census. A famous Roman (I think it was the Consul Rutilius Rufus) wrote a book on getting Roman citizens to answer the nosey questions asked by the census takers.

RS is right though...you dont' have to take the Census or answer any of their questions.

If they show up at my door, one, they already know my address, two, they'll get my name, three, my age, four, my sex, five, my race, six, now get the hell off my land.

If they show up at my door, one, they already know my address, two, they'll get my name, three, my age, four, my sex, five, my race, six, now get the hell off my land.

I have no intention of answering the race questions. They do not need to know that. While they could easily guess and it is not all that private, I don't like the idea that that information is collected.

Also, your descendants may be glad that you provided some of the information.

I have never encountered a census taker. I assume, few will. There is really not much need for them to go door to door anymore.

I have no intention of answering the race questions. They do not need to know that. While they could easily guess and it is not all that private, I don't like the idea that that information is collected.

Also, your descendants may be glad that you provided some of the information.

I have never encountered a census taker. I assume, few will. There is really not much need for them to go door to door anymore.
LOL. They're out here all the time, there are many paranoid people in the more rural areas. They usually knock on our door asking about a neighbor. I give them a count of people in the house and that's it.

There is a penalty for not answering all questions, which is under the control of the White House now. Remember these words, I AM THE PRESIDENT?

LOL. They're out here all the time, there are many paranoid people in the more rural areas. They usually knock on our door asking about a neighbor. I give them a count of people in the house and that's it.

Perhaps you can tell us why the WH is now in charge of the census.:D

I've only heard talking, not a done deal.

"Democrats do not disagree about the consequences of the upcoming census. But they said Republicans had drummed up false issues. Kenneth Prewitt, who directed the 2000 census under former President Bill Clinton, said the bureau always answered to the White House as well as the commerce secretary, and he saw no change under Mr. Obama. As for politicization, he said an appointed commerce secretary is just as liable to politicize the census as the White House is.

“The census has many bosses,” Mr. Prewitt said in an interview. “The idea that somehow the White House could control the census in a manner that would have implications for the allocation of seats to the states or to the redistricting process is silly.”

So again, tell me if penalties for non-compliance have been tied to previous censuses.

This is what it is about:

The data gathered from the 2010 Census will provide a comprehensive snapshot of thousands of local communities across the United States and will be used to determine the yearly distribution of over $400 billion dollars in federal funding. Additionally, government agencies, the private sector and non-profit groups will assess trends and develop programs based on the Decennial Census numbers, and these same numbers will underlie the reapportionment of political representation, helping determine everything from Congressional and state legislative district boundaries to school board districts and voting precincts.

This is what it is about:

The data gathered from the 2010 Census will provide a comprehensive snapshot of thousands of local communities across the United States and will be used to determine the yearly distribution of over $400 billion dollars in federal funding. Additionally, government agencies, the private sector and non-profit groups will assess trends and develop programs based on the Decennial Census numbers, and these same numbers will underlie the reapportionment of political representation, helping determine everything from Congressional and state legislative district boundaries to school board districts and voting precincts.

Correct, but just the more reason for the WH not to have control of it.

Correct, but just the more reason for the WH not to have control of it.

TTM: "There is a penalty for not answering all questions, which is under the control of the White House now."

CF: Oh, so that penalty wasn't in there for the last census? The one before that?

Still no answer to the question I asked that you're ignoring? :cof1:

Is The Jail Hider scared to admit he only has a GED and earns $9 @ hour as a part-time convenience store clerk?

Or is the fact that he's nearly 40 and still living in his Momma's house the issue?

You don't even have to give them that if you don't want to. Besides, it's not like the country needs anymore rednecks anyways.

Will they track queers again like they did in 2000? The queer lobby was disappointed to find out they were only 1% of the population. :)

Back