An interesting Obama VP possibility

I really cant see any drawbacks to him.

Hes well spoken, bright, personable and is one of the few people who came out right away and said that the Bush team were not telling the truth.

Hes an older white male.

He is an untraditional pick but a very interesting one.

What about William Ayers, or Tony Rezko?

Or perhaps Jeremiah Wright?

Or Michael Pfleger?

Or Bernadine Dohrn?

No, no - I think a choice of Ayers would be met with some criticism. I think he'd be looking for someone who has more experience at the national level.

Wright & Pfleger - definitely no clergy. Again, I think he'd be looking for political experience, and choosing church leaders would be inherently controversial.

I don't know who Dohrn is; I'll listen to Hannity today so I can learn about her.

Obama just seems so comfortable around Ayers, Rezko, Wright, Pfleger and Dohrn.

Don't you think he should choose a partner who shares his views?

Have you seen any of them together? I watch a lot of cable, and I haven't seen them together at all. There is one pic of Obama with Wright, but it's hard to get a sense of how comfortable he is there.

No, again, I think that in general, when candidates choose a running mate, they're looking for someone with real political experience, and someone who can bring something to the ticket. Often, it's a strategic choice, as in someone who might be able to deliver a state that they represent in some way.

But you're list is clearly not composed of anyone like that. I'd have to conclude that you're new to politics, and to how the process works.

Good luck to you as you learn about it. It can be a very exciting aspect of society to watch & discuss.

What better way to personify "change you can believe in" than to select a non-politician for a running mate?

After all, Obama's national political career is less than 4 years old.

He's been friends with all the candidates I mentioned far longer than that.

Obama just seems so comfortable around Ayers, Rezko, Wright, Pfleger and Dohrn.

Don't you think he should choose a partner who shares his views?

McCain seems so comfortable arround Bush, Chenney, Chalabi, Abramhoff, Rove, Rumsfeld, Keating and the like maybe he should chose a VP who reflects his views?

What better way to personify "change you can believe in" than to select a non-politician for a running mate?

After all, Obama's national political career is less than 4 years old.

He's been friends with all the candidates I mentioned far longer than that.

Well, if you've listened to Obama - really listened, which I'm sure you have - you would know that the change he is talking about does not entail choosing or appointing unqualified, inexperienced people to important, high-level positions. We've had 7+ years of that, so I think he's probably looking to change that mindset, and make sure that competence returns to Washington.

So, you're a little off on that. Like I said, good luck to you & your continuing education on politics & government.

I really cant see any drawbacks to him.

Hes well spoken, bright, personable and is one of the few people who came out right away and said that the Bush team were not telling the truth.

Hes an older white male.

He is an untraditional pick but a very interesting one.

I actually agree. I would have liked to see Edwards on the ticket with him but I think that Clarke would be a great choice. He was one of the first to start coming out about the admin. Very admirable.

He tried again and again to get the Bush admin to pay attention to the threat and they refused.

The documentation is there.

He tried again and again to get the Bush admin to pay attention to the threat and they refused.

He couldn't get the CIA and FBI to work together. That's what caused 9/11.

And you don't pick a potential VP candidate because he spoke out against the Bush administration.

CSPAN's call in show this morning had listeners call in to two different lines and give their opinion of who McSame and Pres. Obama should pick for their running mates.

One guy called in and said McSame should pick Larry Craig because he embodies what the republican establishment is all about!:p LOL, I could have sworn it was Cypress.

CSPAN's call in show this morning had listeners call in to two different lines and give their opinion of who McSame and Pres. Obama should pick for their running mates.

One guy called in and said McSame should pick Larry Craig because he embodies what the republican establishment is all about!:p LOL, I could have sworn it was Cypress.

I heard that McCain is going to pick Bob Dole in a bold reach for the youth vote. So that should be interesting.

It won't stop them from hitting him... as you know it is perception, not reality that most people remember when voting. Which is why the left is trying so very hard to get the perception out there that McCain is simply another Bush.

I heard an interesting one for McCain..... Sarah Palin governor of Alaska.

Back