An Introduction, and a Point of Discussion

Lenient? Yeah, you could call it that...

:D

Well, compared to the place Famov, Tek and I have all chatted, your little slice of heaven here is unruly and undisciplined.

But there are big differences in how the sites started and the average ages of the posters.

I hate corporate bailouts. But as Oncelor stated, in this case they are a necessary evil. The costs to not do them would be complete devastation of our economy.

That said, I think they should have done more to limit executive pay/bonuses and in many cases fire boards of directors and top execs.

As for what else could we do.... well that comes back ultimately to politicians changing the rules. When they took away the safeguards put in place during the Depression (due to the Rockefellers/Kennedies etc... abuse of the system) they opened the doors for the same type of runaway corruption and greed among the financial institutions, lenders and borrowers.

What do we need to see immediately...

1) Re-implement Glass Steagall

2) Without question re-implement the uptick rule.

3) Regulation and transparent reporting by Hedge Funds. Put them under the SEC and NASD just like the rest of the investment world.

As for the autos... I really don't like this particular bailout, especially if they don't get rid of Wagoner at GM. I do like the fact that the unions have made some good concessions, but the overall business model needs a complete overhaul. It has been shown to be a failure for the last three decades (at least). When we see the relative success of foreign autos made in the US, there is clearly a tremendous room for improvement. Giving money to the same people and expecting them to do something different is especially naive.
You make a good point. The bail out of the banks is a differant ball game then the Auto manfacturers. Losing the big 3 to bankruptcy would cost a few million people their jobs. The issue with the investment banks is that if they go under, then money, particularly capital, will not be in circulation, with devatating consequences.

Personally I think the banks that should have been shut down before failure, nationalized, their BOD's and top management fired. Over time the nationalized banks should then be privatized, with new owners, by selling off their assets.

Same way you apply for position of new owner of anything else.

What is that process?

Ive never heard of anyone applying for a position as owner of a corporation. Have you? Or maybe you're just a mindless retard talking out his asshole.

Last edited:
What is that process?

Ive never heard of anyone applying for a position as owner of a corporation. Have you? Or maybe you're just a mindless retard talking out his asshole.
It's called "buying", you use fiat currency to do this thing we call "purchasing".

When you do that you then "own" something and have become its "new owner".

For further lessons, send me $500 and a grocery coupon for bacon.

It's called "buying", you use fiat currency to do this thing we call "purchasing".

When you do that you then "own" something and have become its "new owner".

For further lessons, send me $500 and a grocery coupon for bacon.

That's buying. He's talking about being APPOINTED owner or something. If someone wanted to BUY this they would have.

Seek remedy for your confusion about basic words.

That's buying. He's talking about being APPOINTED owner or something. If someone wanted to BUY this they would have.

Seek remedy for your confusion about basic words.
I'm sorry that the explanation was unsatisfactory and above your comprehension level.

One gets appointed by "bidding", which is another form of "buying". He willing to spend the most fiat currency will "win" and "be appointed" then he will exchange that currency for the position.

See also, graft and/or corruption.

Now, I must insist on the bacon coupon and cash or money order, personal checks are not accepted.

I'm sorry that the explanation was unsatisfactory and above your comprehension level.

One gets appointed by "bidding", which is another form of "buying". He willing to spend the most fiat currency will "win" and "be appointed" then he will exchange that currency for the position.

Now, I must insist on the bacon coupon and cash or money order, personal checks are not accepted.

Don't let him slip you a coupon for turkey bacon either! You know how those revolutionaries are!

I don't think you're following the thread. This guy was talking about ownership being granted without money or a loan guarantee.

You can keep being dismissive and superficial, but it won't get you far with an actual thinking person.

I don't think you're following the thread. This guy was talking about ownership being granted without money or a loan guarantee.

You can keep being dismissive and superficial, but it won't get you far with an actual thinking person.

Let us know when one of those shows up, willya?

No. If it was really a dream you wouldn't be privy to it.

Thats what we have trained you to think.

But it makes as much sense as you talking about kicking my ass, when I have only made sarcastic/funny remarks.

Yet thinking people are willing to open their minds to new ideas such as graft and/or corruption without having to give up on the original idea. It is only the mind inhabited by stagnant waters that cannot understand the greed of leaders. Grasshopper, you do not progress, and are lost within your own stagnant ideas. Such a disappointment!

Think of it in terms of chickens, rather than in fiat currency. You too will understand that one may barter in all sorts of fiat currency.

Yet thinking people are willing to open their minds to new ideas such as graft and/or corruption without having to give up on the original idea. It is only the mind inhabited by stagnant waters that cannot understand the greed of leaders. Grasshopper you do not progress, and are lost within your own stagnant ideas. Think of it in terms of chickens, rather than in fiat currency. You too will understand that one may barter in all sorts of fiat currency.

Corruption isn't a new idea, dumbwad.

Yet thinking people are willing to open their minds to new ideas such as graft and/or corruption without having to give up on the original idea. It is only the mind inhabited by stagnant waters that cannot understand the greed of leaders. Grasshopper, you do not progress, and are lost within your own stagnant ideas. Such a disappointment!

Think of it in terms of chickens, rather than in fiat currency. You too will understand that one may barter in all sorts of fiat currency.

Chickens? Is that how Col. Sanders got to be owner of KFC? :eek:

Uh .. chickens and ideology aside .. don't help the US auto industry and depression begins the very next day.

Perhaps Americans can eat and keep warm with the thought they stuck to conservative ideology.

Back