Another hypocrite in the GOP

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel4
  • Start date Start date
hardly, the majority of people have insurance provided by their employers.....

don't pretend you are concerned about them, you're promoting a bill that only provides a small amount of help to a few of them.....

Which bill is that?

That wasn't so hard, was it?

When did I say I support that bill?

That wasn't so hard, was it?

When did I say I support that bill?

sweet....are you coming out and declaring your opposition to it?.....we've been waiting for the most diehard idiotic Democrats to come to their senses....you'll do.....

It's not perfect.

Doing nothing isn't an option.

That's what I've said.

What is the alternative you support if any? Criticism is easy and I see nothing else from you.

first of all, the Republicans have suggested action, which the committee has refused to consider.....

if I were to make changes I would begin by eliminating the corporate deduction for healthcare benefits and I would make all benefits taxable as the income they really are.....this would return the responsibility for shopping competitively for insurance in the hands of the consumer....

I would create a second injury fund regulated by the government in which each insurance company would re-insure against the worst ten percent of claims and pay an appropriate percentage of premiums to satisfy the claims of said ten percent worst....thus eliminating any company from rejecting a person for having claims.....

Since insurance would now be unrelated to work, we wouldn't have to worry anymore about transportability.....

I would standardize claim forms and procedures, so hospitals wouldn't need a dozen people on staff simply to process insurance claims......

I would eliminate punitive damages in tort actions, limiting judgments to actual damages....formulas could be developed in the same manner they have already been in worker's compensation law......

I would expand Medicare to include the bottom of the economic ladder with a sliding scale so you wouldn't have a blockage where people couldn't afford to take a job because they would lose their insurance.....though this might be done more effectively through Medicaid and putting the states in charge....have to see about that....

I would use the IRS to collect all insurance premiums, even for private companies, taking it out of everyone's paycheck like Medicare, and everyone would be required to have insurance.....

then I would let the dust settle to see where the squeaky wheels still needed oil......

Last edited:
Back