Anybody really believe the US economy is going to shit without this bailout?

CanadianKid

I certainly dont... Its a fucken scare tactic by Bush and Co.... They have tried it many times before.....

I.e. the Patriot Act and the Rush to War....

So to any true believers of economic doom and gloom without the bailout, why do you believe it is so?

Note that this is not a partisan question, since people on here like Dungheap and Damocles both believe that without the bailout the US economy is going to tank...

CK

I think the bailout is bullshit. Those who borrowed without being able to pay deserve to lose. Those who loaned to people they knew might not be able to pay deserve to lose. The only thing that doesn't bother me about the bailout plan is that the rich taxpayers who pay 90% of the taxes will be the ones to feel most of the economic pain. The poor will be minimally affected

If we lived in some fairytale land where we could let our financial sector fall apart without tearing apart the American family also, I'd agree with you that the bailout was bullshit.

If we lived in some fairytale land where we could let our financial sector fall apart without tearing apart the American family also, I'd agree with you that the bailout was bullshit.

Theres like literally 100s of banks in the USA....

So having one fail isnt going to make a big difference....

And its not like the banks that are failing have a monopoly.....

CK

The US economy is going to crap with or without the bailout.

I just read a report that KY banks did not play much at all in the sub prime game and are sound.

I dont understand Bush logic where it seems like if Lehman Brothers fails it must mean Goldman Sachs also fail....

I've never heard of an industry where one player fails and all the other players decide not to participate....

Lets think of it as a sports analogy...

Lets say the New Orleans Saints go bankrupt... Does that mean the Dallas Cowboys suddenly say they arent playing NFL football anymore?

New England Patriots just stop all their business?

No it doesnt work like that....

CK

And in the long run the recession the Swedish government faced saved their economy several hundred billion, possibly trillions of dollars. It's worth the price of a single bank.

Possibly. Kinda like if Gore were president instead of Bush.

we are much better without the bailout. Banks/wall street fucked up. Now they need to claim bankruptcy like the little home owner.
Recessions happen, pain has to happen. The bailout is The plan for a japanese type problem.

we are much better without the bailout. Banks/wall street fucked up. Now they need to claim bankruptcy like the little home owner.
Recessions happen, pain has to happen. The bailout is The plan for a japanese type problem.

Yes, let's follow the road of Japan and Hoover and do nothing, you America hating ignorant fucks.

And how is japan doing now ? Toyota is the biggest selling car I think.
A japanese company just bought a 21% stake in one of our finiancial corps.

And how is japan doing now ? Toyota is the biggest selling car I think.
A japanese company just bought a 21% stake in one of our finiancial corps.

And they would be doing far better right now had they done the right thing, rather than being spineless fucks unwilling to take sensible action. They would perhaps have a GDP per capita higher than Sweden right now, like they did before they decided to go down the wrong path.

And they would be doing far better right now had they done the right thing, rather than being spineless fucks unwilling to take sensible action. They would perhaps have a GDP per capita higher than Sweden right now, like they did before they decided to go down the wrong path.

Perhaps, but they seem to be doing fine with good future growth potential.

Back