Anyone Watching the MLB Playoffs?

Philadelphia-Phillies-logo.png

My M's might make it to the big one! 8 teams still in it:

Mariners/Astros - M's guess who the only active franchise is who's never been to the Series? That's right.. my M's!

Guardians(Cleveland)/Yankees - I'd really like to see the Yankees lose.

Braves/Phillies - don't know much about them.

Dodgers/Padres - The "battle in The Southland"!
So much for the M's.

Crazy year. Dodgers out. Braves out. Yanks look like shit.

Houston again?

He seems to be a decent guy...not someone allowing his ego (and talent) to go to his head. We need more people like him in the spotlight.
Broke the ice last night.

Can't beat a handful of late inning bloopers in a row when you're on the road.

So much for the M's.

Crazy year. Dodgers out. Braves out. Yanks look like shit.

Houston again?

Astros are heavily favored now. I love modern tech. The M's game lasted over 4 hours.. whenever I had to run an errand I just put the live game on my phone. I wasn't imprisoned by my TV the whole afternoon and actually got stuff done.

The M's :( Still the only active team with no World Series. Sad.

Astros are heavily favored now. I love modern tech. The M's game lasted over 4 hours.. whenever I had to run an errand I just put the live game on my phone. I wasn't imprisoned by my TV the whole afternoon and actually got stuff done.

The M's :( Still the only active team with no World Series. Sad.
Hard to consider that a failure when they're still in their infancy stage.

There's no need for MLB playoffs anymore.

When the National and American Leagues actually existed, which they haven't for more than two decades,
the World Series was a battle of champions.

Both teams had already won their respective league championships, until 1969 in the regular season with no playoffs, and the World Series was a step beyond.

That's no longer the case. The American and National Leagues were disbanded circa 2000,
and now both terms are just brand names of MLB, the one and only major baseball league.
The World Series, once very special, is now merely the final round of the MLB playoffs.

MLB teams play 162 regular season games.
What is the justification for playing 162 games only for the purpose of seeding a twelve-team post-season tournament?
After 162 games, we know who the best team is--the one with the best record!

Awarding the league championship not to the team that played the best all year but rather to a team that got hot after the season was already over makes no sense at all.

Professional sports in America today have gotten super tacky, and baseball in the Bud Selig-Rob Manfred era has trashed its dignity and tradition.
Every decision made where maximizing revenues is the preeminent factor is a decision made where the game itself IS NOT the preeminent factor.

I'm grateful that I got to watch REAL major league baseball in the 1950s and 1960s, because what they play now isn't it.

There's no need for MLB playoffs anymore.

When the National and American Leagues actually existed, which they haven't for more than two decades,
the World Series was a battle of champions.

Both teams had already won their respective league championships, until 1969 in the regular season with no playoffs, and the World Series was a step beyond.

That's no longer the case. The American and National Leagues were disbanded circa 2000,
and now both terms are just brand names of MLB, the one and only major baseball league.
The World Series, once very special, is now merely the final round of the MLB playoffs.

MLB teams play 162 regular season games.
What is the justification for playing 162 games only for the purpose of seeding a twelve-team post-season tournament?
After 162 games, we know who the best team is--the one with the best record!

Awarding the league championship not to the team that played the best all year but rather to a team that got hot after the season was already over makes no sense at all.

Professional sports in America today have gotten super tacky, and baseball in the Bud Selig-Rob Manfred era has trashed its dignity and tradition.
Every decision made where maximizing revenues is the preeminent factor is a decision made where the game itself IS NOT the preeminent factor.

I'm grateful that I got to watch REAL major league baseball in the 1950s and 1960s, because what they play now isn't it.

Anyway... great game between the M's and Astros yesterday, even though it was 0/0 until the 17th.. for a low-scoring game, it was pretty exciting.

People get out of pro sports what they want. Perhaps professional sports will get less racist and we'll see more black/Latino managers and coaches - minorities make up most of the player population, so it's pretty fucked the way they are right now, I agree.

Other than that, I have fun watching most sports.

Hey, what's goin' on with your Yankees? Got shut out last night and have lost the last 2? They should have been nicer to my M's! :)

Good morning :)
Reminds me of the year they were up 3-0 against Boston, and melted down.

Same thing happened. They were all swinging for the fences instead of putting the ball in play.

It happens every fall. The ball doesn't carry as well in the cold weather. A lot of warning track outs for the Yanks.

Just put the damned ball in play. Pitching always dominates hitting in the post season for some reason.

Unless you are pitching to Reggie Jackson ;)

Reminds me of the year they were up 3-0 against Boston, and melted down.

Same thing happened. They were all swinging for the fences instead of putting the ball in play.

It happens every fall. The ball doesn't carry as well in the cold weather. A lot of warning track outs for the Yanks.

Just put the damned ball in play. Pitching always dominates hitting in the post season for some reason.

Unless you are pitching to Reggie Jackson ;)

Ohhhh.. Althea! I thought the Yanks were gonna hang on and win.. they pulled out ahead 3-0 in the third!

Don't feel bad. All the betting houses were saying the Astros were gonna take it. I thought it could have been a storybook ending though.. who was the last Yankee up? Aarron Judge! He could have been the hero!

Ohhhh.. Althea! I thought the Yanks were gonna hang on and win.. they pulled out ahead 3-0 in the third!

Don't feel bad. All the betting houses were saying the Astros were gonna take it. I thought it could have been a storybook ending though.. who was the last Yankee up? Aarron Judge! He could have been the hero!
Houston has the best pitching staff in the bigs. Hard to beat that in post season. I didn't follow baseball during the year, but the Yanks' fielding throughout the post season looked like Little League.

Including the error that cost them the game last night.

Houston has the best pitching staff in the bigs. Hard to beat that in post season. I didn't follow baseball during the year, but the Yanks' fielding throughout the post season looked like Little League.

Including the error that cost them the game last night.

Oh, I don't watch regular season MLB either. It's more fun to watch paint dry. I only paid attention to the playoffs this year 'cause my Mariners were in it.

Pro Basketball either.. No Seattle team, why bother (right now I'm wearing a Spurs t-shirt, yes I'm a hypocrite :)

World Series night. My wife is complaining there’s no Joe Buck. I’m ok with Smoltz. Other than that … game on.

Back