AP: Water Makes US Troops in Iraq Sick

Well obviously Cypress. Our troops would get no supplies, no planes to fly the back home. They'd sit there and die, but the war would end.

The root of the problem is no bid contracts and virtually no govt oversight.

a better soloution tax the heck out of their profits that are above a set reasonable margin.

The telecom and electric utilities functioned fine for many years in that mode of operation. They were always one of the safe stocks to invest in. Until they deregulated.

a better soloution tax the heck out of their profits that are above a set reasonable margin.

The telecom and electric utilities functioned fine for many years in that mode of operation. They were always one of the safe stocks to invest in. Until they deregulated.

So let me get this.

The government gives them money a wad of money, and then takes it back from them until their profits are at a set arbitrary level. Good plan.

The government could always pay less to get it done.

AP: Water Makes US Troops in Iraq Sick

Mar 9, 11:38 AM (ET)

By LARRY MARGASAK

WASHINGTON (AP) - Dozens of U.S. troops in Iraq fell sick at bases using "unmonitored and potentially unsafe" water supplied by the military and a contractor once owned by Vice President Dick Cheney's former company, the Pentagon's internal watchdog says.

A report obtained by The Associated Press said soldiers experienced skin abscesses, cellulitis, skin infections, diarrhea and other illnesses after using discolored, smelly water for personal hygiene and laundry at five U.S. military sites in Iraq.

The Defense Department's inspector general's report, which could be released as early as Monday, found water quality problems between March 2004 and February 2006 at three sites run by contractor KBR Inc. (KBR), and between January 2004 and December 2006 at two military-operated locations.

It was impossible to link the dirty water definitively to all the illnesses, according to the report. But it said KBR's water quality "was not maintained in accordance with field water sanitary standards" and the military-run sites "were not performing all required quality control tests."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080309/D8VA0AF00.html

This almost makes me laugh out loud. When I think of how many people have accused me of not "supporting' the troops, and called me such names...meantime, Dick Cheny is trying to murder them for a dime.

hahahhahahaha

Yeah...Republicans, supporting the troops. How do you like it?

Yeah I remember telling people in 2000 that Dubya had NEVER successfully run a single business he was in charge of. His oil company couldn't find any oil and went bankrupt just AFTER he sold his stock, and he got a sweetheart deal for the Texas Rangers, using tax money to fund the new stadium, something he had said before then that he opposed. And while in charge of the Rangers let Sammy Sosa go to the Cubs.

He is also the ONLY president to enter the oval office with a criminal conviction.

Imagine if a democrat ran with these credentials and more. Republicans would right now this very day shit themselves to decry how character counts.

snip

I believe that's exactly what was done in world war two, when war profiteering was basically considered an act of treason.

Back