April and the 4th step

Hello domer76,

I use this place to practice good behavior in a sea of bad, and to lead by example.

Certainly to actually discuss issues, learn how others view them; to seek truth; to be as open as possible to learning and correcting misconceptions.

I use the ignore feature rather extensively to filter out garbage posters because I prefer to indulge in quality political discussions and not personal attacks or harassment during my limited time here.

One of the biggest benefits of coming here for me is learning. I often spend more time researching what I post than actually posting it.

Since everything posted here becomes a searchable record it behooves posters to consider well what they post before posting it. Your words can come back to haunt you. Will you be as adamant about what you say when reminded of it ten years later? That is a good question to ask before making a post.

I save my sweetness for actual humans

Here it’s a battle to get people to read your posts

My invective is part cathartic and part entertainment

My posting structure is ease of read

It falls into your brain without effert

Foreign bot holes and other liars need to be publicly shamed beyond all doubt

The research part of your post is dead on

The conversation here gets me to research parts of things I might not think of off the hat

I am always amazed at how the facts always confirm that the right is a bag of lying evil

In 12 step programs, the 4th step involves a moral inventory of oneself. A self assessment identifying your life values and principles, character flaws, etc.

4th month, 4th step.

Many JPP posters could use an honest self assessment.

Why do you come here?

To actually discuss issues or merely to troll?
To seek truth or to spread lies and disinformation?
To try to convince and persuade or to mock and show disdain?
To demonstrate your open mindedness or your ignorance?
Do you ban people out of cowardice or fear?

On and on….

its fun to make fun of JPP lib'ruls.....definitely to mock and show disdain.......

In 12 step programs, the 4th step involves a moral inventory of oneself. A self assessment identifying your life values and principles, character flaws, etc.

4th month, 4th step.

Many JPP posters could use an honest self assessment.

Why do you come here?

To actually discuss issues or merely to troll?
To seek truth or to spread lies and disinformation?
To try to convince and persuade or to mock and show disdain?
To demonstrate your open mindedness or your ignorance?
Do you ban people out of cowardice or fear?

On and on….

The single least self aware people on the planet are leftists. If Socretes was right, and I believe he was, none of them would still be alive.

The single least self aware people on the planet are leftists. If Socretes was right, and I believe he was, none of them would still be alive.

As a Trump supporter still in denial, you probably should not be pointing fingers at anyone lacking awareness. Self or otherwise.

Hello evince,

I save my sweetness for actual humans

Here it’s a battle to get people to read your posts

My invective is part cathartic and part entertainment

My posting structure is ease of read

It falls into your brain without effert

Foreign bot holes and other liars need to be publicly shamed beyond all doubt

The research part of your post is dead on

The conversation here gets me to research parts of things I might not think of off the hat

I am always amazed at how the facts always confirm that the right is a bag of lying evil

Sounds like justifying incivility.

If incivility is allowed to be a habit online it infects IRL.

There is a saying: practice what one preaches.

It is because humans are creatures of habit.

Some habits are good. Some are not.

Practice good habits, have good habits.

You get back what you put out.

Incivility runs people off from this place, when there should be more participants.

People might poke in here, lurk a while, see all the garbage posting and decide it is definitely not for them. That is why this place tends to gather a lot of trolls. Few civil posters want to be a part of it. It is only possible with a very large ignore list. That requires effort and dedication to build an effective one. A lot of people just don't want to put that much effort into it.

Leave a patch of the Earth to go to snakes a stickers and people don't want to spend time there.

Cultivate a nicely tended garden with butterflies and people like to be there.

Ya get catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Hello evince,

Sounds like justifying incivility.

If incivility is allowed to be a habit online it infects IRL.

There is a saying: practice what one preaches.

It is because humans are creatures of habit.

Some habits are good. Some are not.

Practice good habits, have good habits.

You get back what you put out.

Incivility runs people off from this place, when there should be more participants.

People might poke in here, lurk a while, see all the garbage posting and decide it is definitely not for them. That is why this place tends to gather a lot of trolls. Few civil posters want to be a part of it. It is only possible with a very large ignore list. That requires effort and dedication to build an effective one. A lot of people just don't want to put that much effort into it.

Leave a patch of the Earth to go to snakes a stickers and people don't want to spend time there.

Cultivate a nicely tended garden with butterflies and people like to be there.

Ya get catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

I understand your intentions

If people don’t talk politics because of in civility then that makes in civility the perfect weapon against democracy

I turn the weapon on them

Dirty words don’t effect me like it does some

So I’m the perfect person to battle it

I do not know why I am still here many years later, but I do remember that I first came here because I had no concept as to how anybody could honestly support, George W Bush, and I figured that by debating some of his supporters, I could maybe gain some sort of understanding as to who these crazy people are.

Exactly how I ended up on my first forum. The phony Iraq war was the trigger.

Back