Are Christians Ignorant, Uneducated, Simpletons? Sort Of

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
White Christianity is in big trouble. And it’s its own biggest threat.

When we’ve reached a place where good Christian folk think it’s a matter of major theological principle not to sell pastries to gay people but are willing to give pedophiles a pass, I think it’s safe to say that American Christianity today — white American Christianity in particular — is in a pretty sorry state.

It’s not just that a vocal segment of white Christians can’t tell righteous leaders from sexual predators and overestimate the power of baked goods to communicate spiritual messages; our failures are wider and deeper and more foundational than that. We’re remarkably ignorant of the history and the current state of the world we inhabit, and no better with scientific knowledge either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ts-own-biggest-threat/?utm_term=.a2314f75353f

Christians ranked as the second most educated religious group [behind jews] around in the world with an average of 9.3 years of schooling.[6] Christians were found to have the second highest number of graduate and post-graduate degrees per capita while in absolute numbers ranked in the first place (220 million).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_education

Christians ranked as the second most educated religious group [behind jews] around in the world with an average of 9.3 years of schooling.[6] Christians were found to have the second highest number of graduate and post-graduate degrees per capita while in absolute numbers ranked in the first place (220 million).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_education

Not all Christians are fundamentalists or evangelicals either.. Not all are creationists.

Don't confuse Christianity with what some humans do in the name of religion. The problem is with how some apply their religion. This is applicable to every religious and secular group, not just Christians.

If a radical Islamist thinks he is supposed to kill infidels in the name of Allah, that problem is with that person, not Islam.

Actually, that "radical" is practicing what his Koran tells him.

Only in the interpretation of radical Islamists, most Muslims do not believe or practice that. Otherwise, most Muslims would be in prison for murder and I would never get out of a convenience store alive.

The Bible tells Jews to stone to death unruly children but I don't know any that actually do that. The Bible tells us to "take us serpents" and very few Christians actually do so.

Many of the radical Islamists are not devout Muslims and are gang members and criminals who celebrate with drugs and alcohol. Much of the religious justification for their jihad comes from religious leaders while the fighters are just doing a job that allows them to kill, pillage, and loot. Read some of the books by terrorists describing their experiences and the CIA profile of terrorists.

Only in the interpretation of radical Islamists, most Muslims do not believe or practice that. Otherwise, most Muslims would be in prison for murder and I would never get out of a convenience store alive.

The Bible tells Jews to stone to death unruly children but I don't know any that actually do that. The Bible tells us to "take us serpents" and very few Christians actually do so.

Many of the radical Islamists are not devout Muslims and are gang members and criminals who celebrate with drugs and alcohol. Much of the religious justification for their jihad comes from religious leaders while the fighters are just doing a job that allows them to kill, pillage, and loot. Read some of the books by terrorists describing their experiences and the CIA profile of terrorists.

You're way ahead of most people..

White Christianity is in big trouble. And it’s its own biggest threat.

When we’ve reached a place where good Christian folk think it’s a matter of major theological principle not to sell pastries to gay people but are willing to give pedophiles a pass, I think it’s safe to say that American Christianity today — white American Christianity in particular — is in a pretty sorry state.

This is actually bigotry.

Christ taught that homosexuality was a sin. He also taught that pedophilia was a sin. They weren't called that back then, and he used other wording, but he did teach that.

Any Christian that thinks pedophilia is OK is going against the laws of God and Christ.
Any Christian that thinks homosexual behavior is OK is going against the laws of God and Christ.

Any businessman can refuse service to anyone he wants for whatever religious reason he wants. Nothing in the Constitution gives any government the power to force performing an act in conflict with one's religion. Quite the opposite, in fact. The first amendment specifically prohibits Congress and the federal government from interfering with any religion.

The Bible also says that as you are judge, so shall you be judged. I you stone your own children because they were a bit bratty, then it is only just that you be stoned when you get a bit bratty.

Back