Are Christians Ignorant, Uneducated, Simpletons? Sort Of

This is actually bigotry.

Christ taught that homosexuality was a sin. He also taught that pedophilia was a sin. They weren't called that back then, and he used other wording, but he did teach that.

Any Christian that thinks pedophilia is OK is going against the laws of God and Christ.
Any Christian that thinks homosexual behavior is OK is going against the laws of God and Christ.

Any businessman can refuse service to anyone he wants for whatever religious reason he wants. Nothing in the Constitution gives any government the power to force performing an act in conflict with one's religion. Quite the opposite, in fact. The first amendment specifically prohibits Congress and the federal government from interfering with any religion.

What did Jesus say, exactly on the topic of homosexuality......

This is actually bigotry.

Christ taught that homosexuality was a sin. He also taught that pedophilia was a sin. They weren't called that back then, and he used other wording, but he did teach that.

Any Christian that thinks pedophilia is OK is going against the laws of God and Christ.
Any Christian that thinks homosexual behavior is OK is going against the laws of God and Christ.

Any businessman can refuse service to anyone he wants for whatever religious reason he wants. Nothing in the Constitution gives any government the power to force performing an act in conflict with one's religion. Quite the opposite, in fact. The first amendment specifically prohibits Congress and the federal government from interfering with any religion.

No one thinks pedophilia is anything but a sin. That's why it is against the law and children cannot consent.

The accusations are lies..

Paul wrote Corinthians, not Jesus.. Neither did Jesus write Leviticus.

Irrelevant. It is the same, no matter who wrote it to paper. Do you think Christ disagreed with God?? Do you think Paul disagreed with Christ or God?? Do you think a prophet is a nothing?? Do you realize what you are saying here?? You are attempting to claim that the entire Bible is irrelevant simply because prophets and apostles (men) wrote it down!

You asked what the Bible said about homosexuality. That means you are asking for the contents of the Bible, whether you accept it as the word of God or not.

Last edited:
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Leviticus 18:22
Leviticus 20:13

Do I really have to do your footwork for you?

Perhaps you missed the part about "What did Jesus say"???

I thought Saul wrote that book.. Did Jesus write it??

Leviticus, :thinking: last time I checked that was in the old Testament..

Perhaps you missed the part about "What did Jesus say"???

I thought Saul wrote that book.. Did Jesus write it??

Leviticus, :thinking: last time I checked that was in the old Testament..

Your question was directed at the laws of God and Christ. The Bible is assumed to be the word of God and Christ. You asked for where in that word homosexuality is discussed. I showed you some relevant verses.
Now you want to quibble about the various prophets and apostles that wrote this stuff down?? No, you can't nitpick your way out of this one.

Obviously, you don't accept the Bible as the word of God. That's fine. But, that being the case, don't complain and nitpick about who wrote down the words. You obviously want to deny what the Bible says about homosexuality. I assume it is because you are gay. That's your choice, but it DOES go against the Bible. You cannot claim the Bible is the word of God, and then figure that homosexuality is accepted behavior in the eyes of God. It's a package deal, dude. Either you accept the Bible as the word of God, or you don't.

Irrelevant. It is the same, no matter who wrote it to paper. Do you think Christ disagreed with God?? Do you think Paul disagreed with Christ or God?? Do you think a prophet is a nothing?? Do you realize what you are saying here?? You are attempting to claim that the entire Bible is irrelevant simply because prophets and apostles (men) wrote it down!

You asked what the Bible said about homosexuality. That means you are asking for the contents of the Bible, whether you accept it as the word of God or not.

If it was written by God there wouldn't be so many errors of geography, anachronisms and contradictions.... and it wouldn't have been amended, redacted and added to so many times.

I asked what Jesus said & now you say what he said, or not is just irrelevant.........;)

Pls don't get angry, no need for that...

I understand your frustration, you think it should be right there & well, he just didn't do that..:thinking:

For many that is really bad sin, of course their sins, lying, cheating, stealing, murdering, coveting adultery etc etc etc aren't so bad, eventhough those are in the top ten..

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

Your question was directed at the laws of God and Christ. The Bible is assumed to be the word of God and Christ. You asked for where in that word homosexuality is discussed. I showed you some relevant verses.
Now you want to quibble about the various prophets and apostles that wrote this stuff down?? No, you can't nitpick your way out of this one.

Obviously, you don't accept the Bible as the word of God. That's fine. But, that being the case, don't complain and nitpick about who wrote down the words. You obviously want to deny what the Bible says about homosexuality. I assume it is because you are gay. That's your choice, but it DOES go against the Bible. You cannot claim the Bible is the word of God, and then figure that homosexuality is accepted behavior in the eyes of God. It's a package deal, dude. Either you accept the Bible as the word of God, or you don't.

No, I did not ask where it was discussed..

What I asked, & what I just reiterated for you was "What did Jesus say, exactly on the topic of homosexuality" You can't quote him?? Afterall if this is such a big deal it must of been @ least in the top ten sins, God wrote w/ his own finger??

Are you one of those that thinks others sins are so horrendous, & yet your own, those actually listed in the 10 Commandments, well aint so bad...??

A businessman cannot refuse to serve women or blacks even if it violates his religious views under either federal or state civil rights laws (freedom of religion was applied to the states in the 1940s).

It is not interfering with religion for secular laws to prohibit behavior which would be harmful if a person is exempted for religious purposes---getting a vaccination to attend school, prohibiting animal or human sacrifice, speeding laws, etc. are constitutional even if they go against a person's religious beliefs. This includes both federal and state laws.

What I asked, & what I just reiterated for you was "What did Jesus say, exactly on the topic of homosexuality" You can't quote him?? Afterall if this is such a big deal it must of been @ least in the top ten sins, God wrote w/ his own finger??

Are you one of those that thinks others sins are so horrendous, & yet your own, those actually listed in the 10 Commandments, well aint so bad...??

And what you keep completely glossing over is the Christian's belief that the WHOLE Bible IS the Word of God...

I understand that YOU don't accept it to be the Word of God, and that's fine, but you're discussing this matter with someone who DOES believe it to be the Word of God.

According to his beliefs, he answered your question adequately...

Someone else asked.. not I.

And what you keep completely glossing over is the Christian's belief that the WHOLE Bible IS the Word of God...

I understand that YOU don't accept it to be the Word of God, and that's fine, but you're discussing this matter with someone who DOES believe it to be the Word of God.

According to his beliefs, he answered your question adequately...

I UNDERSTAND THAT FULLY & COMPLETELY... Again, that is not what I asked..

You can go read it again, I am not wasting any more time w/ your diversions..

YOU CAN'T QUOTE HIM FROM THE BIBLE BECAUSE "HE" NEVER SAID A THING ABOUT IT!!!

Now go get the log out yea eye!!:palm:

White Christianity is in big trouble. And it’s its own biggest threat.

When we’ve reached a place where good Christian folk think it’s a matter of major theological principle not to sell pastries to gay people but are willing to give pedophiles a pass, I think it’s safe to say that American Christianity today — white American Christianity in particular — is in a pretty sorry state.

It’s not just that a vocal segment of white Christians can’t tell righteous leaders from sexual predators and overestimate the power of baked goods to communicate spiritual messages; our failures are wider and deeper and more foundational than that. We’re remarkably ignorant of the history and the current state of the world we inhabit, and no better with scientific knowledge either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ts-own-biggest-threat/?utm_term=.a2314f75353f

This makes the naive assumption that black, Hispanic, and Asian Christians and members of all other religions and those with no religious views do not also have contradictions, hypocrisies, and ignorant beliefs.

If it was written by God there wouldn't be so many errors of geography, anachronisms and contradictions.... and it wouldn't have been amended, redacted and added to so many times.

Okay. You don't believe the Bible to be the word of God. You have retracted your question. It's completely irrelevant now.

I asked what Jesus said & now you say what he said, or not is just irrelevant.........;)

Pls don't get angry, no need for that...

I understand your frustration, you think it should be right there & well, he just didn't do that..:thinking:

For many that is really bad sin, of course their sins, lying, cheating, stealing, murdering, coveting adultery etc etc etc aren't so bad, eventhough those are in the top ten..

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

Further discussions about the Bible are irrelevant with you, since you do not believe the Bible to be the word of God. You have openly said so.

You did, liar.

Irrelevant question.

Further discussions about the Bible are irrelevant with you, since you do not believe the Bible to be the word of God. You have openly said so.

I already told you I won't waste any more time on your ignorance & spin...........

Believe what suits you.....hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif

Back