APP - Are Newsmax, OANN, and Fox Media threats to American Democracy?

Not to contridict myself based on my previous response but I do think the polarization of how we get our news is not a good thing for the country. People sitting in their echo chambers 24/7 is no bueno. (you see it manifested on this site where people can barely have actual discussions with each other)

This may be a partisan rant but I'll say it anyway. First off, I fully acknowledge there is a right-wing echo chamber. I just find it highly ironic that people who read the NY Times, listen to NPR, watch MSNBC, watch Colbert, Kimmell, the Daily Show and SNL complaining about others living in an echo chamber while never acknowledging their own.
Well I feel it's a Citizens duty to read both or listen to both or watch both. I do. news nation is a Centrist source CNN has a lot of Republicans on it now they're trying to be in the center. MSNBC has several Republicans but they tend to caucus with the Democrats against Trump and I think it's appropriate because I can't believe any true Republican would support Trump -- the guy's a demagogue and the smart Republicans know it and those with integrity stand by their convictions. Things would really smooth out and return to normal when Trump vanishes from the scene-- until then the body politic is infested with Trumpism.

I don't think they are a threat to democracy but they need to label themselves correctly as opinion sources with an occasional news
You must be speaking of MSNBC, CNN, CBS, PBS, NBC and ABC. I don't even think their news is occasional. It's nearly non-existent.

Trumpers constantly whine about how the “MSM” is pushing the narrative yet they are the most guilty of letting Fox News, Newsmax and OANN drive their own narrative.
Either you're not paying attention, a very poor liar or mentally deranged to believe that MSNBC, CNN, PBS, CBS, ABC and NBC are actually news sources and not an arm of the DNC propaganda machine.

They moved away three years, but we used to have neighbors who got their "news" exclusively from Fox. In fact, whenever we visited with them they were either watching Fox or the Hallmark Channel. The guy would occasionally make odd statements like "coal isn't harmful to the environment and is cheaper than natural gas," "illegals are swarming all of our borders" (their son works for the Border Patrol at the Canadian border), and so on. We tried to stay far away from politics with them, but one time Mr. Owl had had enough, I guess. The lady had gone back to Germany to visit her folks so we had him over for supper. He was going on and on about coal is good and cheaper than NG, so Mr. Owl hauled out his computer and showed him the actual data. He seemed almost shocked to discover that the opposite was true. He had really believed that the decommissioning of our local coal-burning electric generating facilities and the conversion to NG-power plants was some dastardly liberal plot, in league with those Green ppl.
Another massive pile of lie filled anecdotal bile. :palm:

Fox like many anti-American democracy sources lies to their audience. They are foreign owned and care nada for America. Excellent coverage in YouTube below.

"New evidence from a defamation lawsuit reveals Fox hosts and staff secretly viewed Trump’s election lies as "mind-blowingly nuts," "reckless" and "insane" while promoting the claims and related guests on air."

'Fox News admits the 'B.S.' in leaked text scandal: Hosts secretly trashed Trump lies'

Fox like many anti-American democracy sources.....

Halfwit thinks that MSNBC, CNN, PBS, CBS, ABC and NBC are telling him the truth.
boy-meets-world-laughing.gif

Back