Are right-wing evangelicals causing the rise in religious 'nones'?

For a nation to commit the sin of anti-Semitism brings inevitable judgement.”

—The New Scofield Study Bible

Since it was first published in 1909, the Scofield Reference Bible has made uncompromising Zionists out of tens of millions of Americans. When John Hagee, the founder of Christians United for Israel (CUFI), said that “50 million evangelical bible-believing Christians unite with five million American Jews standing together on behalf of Israel,” it was the Scofield Bible that he was talking about.

Although the Scofield Reference Bible contains the text of the King James Authorized Version, it is not the traditional Protestant bible but Cyrus I. Scofield’s annotated commentary that is problematic. More than any other factor, it is Scofield’s notes that have induced generations of American evangelicals to believe that God demands their uncritical support for the modern State of Israel.

Blessing Israel, Cursing Its Critics

Central to Christian Zionist belief is Scofield’s commentary (italicized below) on Genesis 12:3: “‘I will bless them that bless thee.’ In fulfillment closely related to the next clause, ‘And curse him that curseth thee.’ Wonderfully fulfilled in the history of the dispersion. It has invariably fared ill with the people who have persecuted the Jew—well with those who have protected him. The future will still more remarkably prove this principle.”

Drawing on Scofield’s rather tendentious interpretation, Hagee claims, “The man or nation that lifts a voice or hand against Israel invites the wrath of God.”

But as Stephen Sizer points out in his definitive critique, Christian Zionism: Road-map to Armageddon? (available from AET’s Middle East Books and More): “The promise, when referring to Abraham’s descendants, speaks of God blessing them, not of entire nations ‘blessing’ the Hebrew nation, still less the contemporary and secular State of Israel.”

continued

http://themillenniumreport.com/2017...-zionists-of-americas-evangelical-christians/

fuck scofield and your obsession with him.....

If you belong to the Christian Right, you are probably a Dominionist without even knowing where that doctrine comes from.

“Defined in its simplest form, Christian Dominionism is a political approach to Christian faith based on a literal interpretation of Genesis Chapter 1 verses 26 – 28 of the Christian Bible. Believers perceive themselves as the “chosen” or the “elect”, commanded by God to “subdue” the earth and “have dominion” over all living creatures.

The goal of Christian Dominionism in the United States is to abolish Separation of Church and State, establishing it as a distinctively Christian Nation based upon Old Testament Mosaic Law.

if you post this crap you are likely a mindless lib'rul without even knowing it......

for one thing, that judgment is based on ignorance........do things said in ignorance matter to you as a Taoist?......

Releasing judgment resolves conflict. It is the part I have the hardest time with, so today, someone else's ignorance is not my concern...well until I go to work at which point I will be beating my head against the wall.

Because his/her "judgement" of my beliefs is incorrect.

Social judgment....humm....I was being more rhetorical in my question, but needing to be perceived by others in a manner you deem correct or accurate gives others power over you emotionally and spiritually.

Social judgment....humm....I was being more rhetorical in my question, but needing to be perceived by others in a manner you deem correct or accurate gives others power over you emotionally and spiritually.

How can you come to that conclusion when I clearly stated those were not my beliefs?
No one has that "power" over me in any way, shape or form, especially those who claim they may (including you).

I told you I was an Evangelical. It's not my responsibility to repeat myself because you have comprehension issues. I am done arguing with you.

The January Evangelical Leaders Survey showed that 65 percent identify with premillennial theology, 13 percent with amillennial and 4 percent with postmillennial. Seventeen percent responded “other.”

The various millennial views stem from different interpretations of Revelation 20, which speaks of the binding of Satan and the reign of Christ and his followers on earth for 1,000 years (a “millennium”).

Premillennialism, which received wide acceptance by many evangelicals through the publishing of the Scofield Reference Bible in 1909, teaches the belief that Jesus Christ will come to earth for the second time after a period of tribulation, followed by a literal 1,000 year period in which Christ and his followers reign on earth. Premillennialists disagree on whether believers will rise and join Jesus (an event called the “rapture”) before, during or after the tribulation period.

Amillennialists believe that the non-literal millennial reign of Christ is happening now as Christ reigns at the right hand of the Father. Postmillennialists believe Christ’s second coming occurs after the 1,000-year period during which humanity gradually improves under the reign of Christ.

https://www.nae.net/premillennialism-reigns-in-evangelical-theology/

How can you come to that conclusion when I clearly stated those were not my beliefs?
No one has that "power" over me in any way, shape or form, especially those who claim they may (including you).

Clearly social judgment is important to your ego. Not surprising. Peer pressure is a very conservative trait and the need to judge is both a conservative and a Christian trait.

Back