Are values purely subjective?

I don't think I ever insinuated that every single cultural value everywhere is uniform and universal.

I don't think you can lump all of Islam into into one box. Turkey, Malaysia, Azerbaijan, and Bosnia-Herzegovina are not the same as Iran, Yemen , and Afghanistan.

I'm not ready to join you in patting ourselves on the back for how liberal and forward thinking we are. Only 50 years ago women's rights and gay rights in the USA was not substantially different from the Islamic world in general.

We are still in virgin territory.

We know that Republicans in Mississopt, Utah, and DC would love to turn the clock back on gender and sexual preference laws, if they are given sufficient power.

So I'm not ready to pop the champagne cork to celebrate how superior we are to Bosnia and Kazakhstan.

Like his fellow atheist, 'Murica, 'Mode likes to leap to conclusions and broadbrush attacks on Abrahamic religions to support his hatred of them. It's a phenomenon I've seen many times before in under-35 Euro-American males with a chip on their shoulders and an overly confident opinion of their intellect.

Years ago I ran into a bunch of them on a now-defunct atheist forum titled the Secular Cafe. You can probably guess I pissed all of them off because I refused to join their hatefest. LOL

Like his fellow atheist, 'Murica, 'Mode likes to leap to conclusions and broadbrush attacks on Abrahamic religions to support his hatred of them. It's a phenomenon I've seen many times before in under-35 Euro-American males with a chip on their shoulders and an overly confident opinion of their intellect.

Years ago I ran into a bunch of them on a now-defunct atheist forum titled the Secular Cafe. You can probably guess I pissed all of them off because I refused to join their hatefest. LOL

Einstein thought that most militant professional atheists had an axe to grind because of some painful experience they had with
the church their parents tried to indoctrinate them into.

I don't think I ever insinuated that every single cultural value everywhere is uniform and universal.

I don't think you can lump all of Islam into into one box. Turkey, Malaysia, Azerbaijan, and Bosnia-Herzegovina are not the same as Iran, Yemen , and Afghanistan.

I'm not ready to join you in patting ourselves on the back for how liberal and forward thinking we are. Only 50 years ago women's rights and gay rights in the USA was not substantially different from the Islamic world in general.

We are still in virgin territory.

We know that Republicans in Mississopt, Utah, and DC would love to turn the clock back on gender and sexual preference laws, if they are given sufficient power.

So I'm not ready to pop the champagne cork to celebrate how superior we are to Bosnia and Kazakhstan.

By no means am I patting the collective US collectively on the back, but if you're going to lump ALL degrees of value, no matter how wide the gap and clearly in opposition, then there is literally no basis for saying the term "values" exists.

Einstein thought that most militant professional atheists had an axe to grind because of some painful experience they had with
the church their parents tried to indoctrinate them into.

That would be a good theory. Hate usually has a base cause. Bad childhood experiences is a common one.

Notice that most militant atheists are young. The older ones can have an axe to grind but, IMO, most are in it for the money. Richard Dawkins certainly made more money pushing militant atheism to the under-35 set than he ever did as a biology professor. Same goes for the other three Horsemen of New Atheism.

Back