Arnold on 60 Minutes

cawacko

Did anyone here see 60 minutes last night? I heard a flew clips on the radio today from the show and it seems like they did a nice puff piece of Arnold. For those who may forget Arnold was before Obama in claiming to be 'post partisan'. Yeah, that's turned out well. The Democrats have always hated him and the Republicans don't like him either (in the legislature).

He came into office claiming he would 'blow up boxes' of government waste etc. Our state is now damn close to going broke. One thing I will grant him is that thanks to redistricting no races in our state are close and therefore we get more extremists on both sides in the legislature making 'working together' damn near impossible in this state.

But all Arnold wants to talk about is global warming and how he wants to pass these expensive new global warming programs while our state has a $42 billion budget deficit and is about to go broke. Our state is a joke.

And now this d-bag wants to run for President. You haven't done sh*t Arnold.

In theory I like him for being a fiscal conservative and socially libertarian but f*ck me.

while i can't blame it all on him, the liberal assembly/senate sure is screwed, he hasn't delivered on even half of what he promised...he can take that broom and ....................... fly away (you dirty minds what were you thinking)

while i can't blame it all on him, the liberal assembly/senate sure is screwed, he hasn't delivered on even half of what he promised...he can take that broom and ....................... fly away (you dirty minds what were you thinking)

I do give him credit for the measures he put on the ballot in 2006 which unfortuantely got their *ss kicked and led him to turn left.

Ultimately I guess a real fiscal conservative cannot get elected in California. I should probably be more thankful to Arnold than I am for some of the things he has vetoed but he's still a big disappointment.

California had the biggest bubble of them all.

We had the same during the dot com bubble. Our state relies so much on those capital gains taxes and the rich paying large amounts of taxes that when the bubble bursts our state gets f*cked. The problem is that money gets spent as soon as it comes in during the good times and then we find ourselves where we are today when the money stops flowing. Zero long term planning. Long term planning doesn't get politicians re-elected.

I might support him, were he constitutionally acceptable. He is a social liberal and fiscal conservative.... Thats where America should be heading.

you guys taxing pot yet? just make it legal there and tax it. How about highway tolls? Maybe some more local taxes as opposed to just taxing the rich would help.

you guys taxing pot yet? just make it legal there and tax it. How about highway tolls? Maybe some more local taxes as opposed to just taxing the rich would help.

no kidding. instead of spending billions to fight marijuana use, legalize and tax it like booze. i do not support the tax but it is the only way to convice governmetn officials to legalize it because they can get $$ from it.

no kidding. instead of spending billions to fight marijuana use, legalize and tax it like booze. i do not support the tax but it is the only way to convice governmetn officials to legalize it because they can get $$ from it.

I support this pending a way to determine legal intoxication limit for DUI.

I support this pending a way to determine legal intoxication limit for DUI.

that would be interesting. the walk or field test or whatever it is called, would probably work. but the chemical or blow test would probably be harder as i don't think it is simply a blood/THC ratio.

And now this d-bag wants to run for President. You haven't done sh*t Arnold.

In theory I like him for being a fiscal conservative and socially libertarian but f*ck me.

He can't run without a Constitutional Amendment, and that suggestion was not met with any warm reception as I recall. I don't see it happening, frankly.

He can't run without a Constitutional Amendment, and that suggestion was not met with any warm reception as I recall. I don't see it happening, frankly.

I'm well aware of that. He has stated publically that he would be interested in running which would obviously call for an amendment. My suggestion was instead of thinking about running for President do something positive for the state of California.

I'm well aware of that. He has stated publically that he would be interested in running which would obviously call for an amendment. My suggestion was instead of thinking about running for President do something positive for the state of California.

Agreed. I think that his presidential suggestion indicates just how unrealistic he probably is, and reflects his poor grasp of governance, which seems now to have surfaced in those current problems in your state.

Agreed. I think that his presidential suggestion indicates just how unrealistic he probably is, and reflects his poor grasp of governance, which seems now to have surfaced in those current problems in your state.

He may actually run for Senator which I might support. As for his job as Govenor there's a reason we haven't had anyone run for President from the most populous state in a long time and that's because our Govenor's suck and the legislature is set up to make governing almost impossible.

He may actually run for Senator which I might support. As for his job as Govenor there's a reason we haven't had anyone run for President from the most populous state in a long time and that's because our Govenor's suck and the legislature is set up to make governing almost impossible.

It's getting to be time again for a revolution. Take the politicians, the CEOs of the financial firms, Wagoner etc... round em up and outsource them to China or Africa or essentially anywhere that will take them.

Replace them all and let's start over. MULLIGAN!!!

Back