Atheism Is Inconsistent with the Scientific Method, Physicist Says

"Into the Night", you are literally always wrong

Originally Posted by Cypress
A valid scientific theory, or more accurately a hypothesis, has to be testable and falsifiable.
There is NO SUCH THING as a 'valid' scientific theory!
"The two primary features of a scientific hypothesis are falsifiability and testability"
- Britannica Encyclopedia https://www.britannica.com/science/scientific-hypothesis

"Into the Night": Wrong literally all the bloody time>>
https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...stians-are-anti-science&p=3901887#post3901887

So we should all be agnostic about the existence of a tea cup orbiting Pluto?

Or a magic unicorn that lives on the sun?

Atheism does not simply reject the claim that there is an old white guy with a white beard and flowing robe who lives in the clouds.

I know few Christians who believe in that cartoon version of religion.

Atheism overtly rejects the entire theistic notion that there is a purposeful creative force behind the design of the universe, and a spiritual realm outside the boundaries of our physical perception.

Nietzsche summed up atheism quite well when he rejected the religious possibility of a spiritual realm, and that the only meaning to life was to strive for creativity and imagination in this physical world.

Atheism does not simply reject the claim that there is an old white guy with a white beard and flowing robe who lives in the clouds.

I know few Christians who believe in that cartoon version of religion.

Atheism overtly rejects the entire theistic notion that there is a purposeful creative force behind the design of the universe, and a spiritual realm outside the boundaries of our physical perception.

Nietzsche summed up atheism quite well when he rejected the religious possibility of a spiritual realm, and that the only meaning to life was to strive for creativity and imagination in this physical world.

Nietzsche was correct.

Nietzsche was correct.
I do not think Nietzsche found what he was looking for, or discovered the meaning of life. He went insane and spent the last decade of his life in a state of madness.

Nietsche had some good insights about cultivating creativity, and was obviously a strong voice for atheism. But I always felt his philosophy of life tended towards nihilism, elitism, and rejection of objective morality.

Richard Dawkins fancies himself a militant atheist, and one of these days I am going to get around to reading his insights on atheism.

Back