Atheism vs. Religion

They did not insist there was NOTHING in the picture. If you recall, he mentioned the pond, some trees and sky and ultimately Winnie and Tigger.

that was the inherent error of the post....the fact the atheist DIDN'T insist there was nothing in the picture......I pointed that out in my first post.....

Now, my problem with the analogy is that atheists cannot insist that we now know so much about the universe that there is really only one piece missing in our puzzle of existence and therefore questions about the existence or non-existence of god are unnecessary. There are billions of pieces of our puzzle missing. We don't even know what the picture on the puzzle is supposed to be, and we have no box to give us an idea.

TGPTD, thank you for this cartoon strip. I was looking for a way to teach my toddler the lesson of the obstinacy of faith, and I couldn't have presented it in any better way.

You have been around since 06, similar to myself. Did you have another name?

I'm Grind. and I love you. <3

I'm going to laugh at all the Atheists when the Elder Gods drive you to madness. Of course, as a loyal follower, I'll be far too mad to understand it, so in advance...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Now, my problem with the analogy is that atheists cannot insist that we now know so much about the universe that there is really only one piece missing in our puzzle of existence and therefore questions about the existence or non-existence of god are unnecessary. There are billions of pieces of our puzzle missing. We don't even know what the picture on the puzzle is supposed to be, and we have no box to give us an idea.

if that's the case, atheists shouldn't insist there are no gods.....they should simply be content as agnostics.....

And why I wonder? Is it to multiply their numbers or confuse me each time I return? Anyone see 'Babel?'

It was just a fun modification that I added, you can do it too. You can see a history of their usernames in their profile, usually this will tell you who somebody is if you are wondering.

Back