Atheist "morality" versus Christian / theist morality

MarcusA

Verified User
A Christian or theist acts morally by his own free will, out of love for God.

In contrast, an atheist has no morality, and only behaves "morally" because it fears punishment of the law or other consequences.

Left to its own devices, and without repercussion by the law, an atheist would just as soon rape, murder, and commit sodomy with children and animals.

Most of the self-styled Christians on this forum routinely lie, slander, curse, libel, gossip without the slightest sense of shame or remorse.

In contrast, an atheist has no morality, and only behaves "morally" because it fears punishment of the law or other consequences.

Left to its own devices, and without repercussion by the law, an atheist would just as soon rape, murder, and commit sodomy with children and animals.
Do you have data to back up your assertions? The data I have seen does not back your claims.

False. Christians act based on the carrot and stick philosophy of every major religion. Atheists act based on their moral character, not their fear of Cloud Guy.

That's a cute opinion. It also smacks of classic projection. The atheists that I know, including my husband, kids, and other family members, are some of the most ethical, good people I've ever met. I'd stack them up against one of your "moral" Xtians any day.

False. Christians act based on the carrot and stick philosophy of every major religion. Atheists act based on their moral character, not their fear of Cloud Guy.

That's exactly it. Religionists who act in a moral fashion often do so because of their fear of Hell or hope for an eternal reward of some sort. My observation over the years of Christians shows that they're no different than non-Xtians when it comes to good or bad behavior.

What morality does Donald Trump possess????????????????????

That's exactly it. Religionists who act in a moral fashion often do so because of their fear of Hell or hope for an eternal reward of some sort. My observation over the years of Christians shows that they're no different than non-Xtians when it comes to good or bad behavior.

Yes. And those who adhere to Christian dogma (or any dogma for that matter) are the most dangerous, as they have a moral certainty that THEIR religion is right, everyone else's is wrong, and therefore anything done in the service of their Dogma is 'moral'. More people have been killed as a result of religion than any other cause.

Yes. And those who adhere to Christian dogma (or any dogma for that matter) are the most dangerous, as they have a moral certainty that THEIR religion is right, everyone else's is wrong, and therefore anything done in the service of their Dogma is 'moral'. More people have been killed as a result of religion than any other cause.

We are an odd species, aren't we?

You are just a stupid asshole.

iu

Trump

I don't think he has any active restraining orders or orders of protection outstanding, sex pest.

Field 6 in the middle of the day sucking deek on the beach.

Boxer.1.jpg

Chain smoking in front of the bar. A frail mature man. He wants to hit me, I'm scared.
If he hits me. He hurt himself. I'm confused, I don't know what to do. You stupid F'n
Mc what's wrong with you now? This is all fake. I have to walk away and let it get worse.

600x600.jpg

What do Atheists base their morality on? What are the absolute examples they follow?

everyone has a morality.......its just that atheists make up their own and aren't very good at it......

Back