Atheists, what worth does your atheism have outside of society?

Almost all atheists were religious until we reached the age of reason. We can argue with Christians because we were there. They have no understanding of what not believing is, so they make it up and expect us to treat their crazed arguments with respect. It does not work that way.

What Christians cannot understand is that there are other religions like Buddhism or Hinduism which do not have the same conception of God.
And Ancient Greeks thrived without knowing Jesus.

I joined a fraternity and loved it. The movie Animal House was a documentary.

Nothing against frats or those who liked being in one. I thought mine was cultish. I suspect most are. Just not for me. Going my own way has always worked better for me. Probably why I enjoyed being self employed most of my career and did far better with it.

Nothing against frats or those who liked being in one. I thought mine was cultish. I suspect most are. Just not for me. Going my own way has always worked better for me. Probably why I enjoyed being self employed most of my career and did far better with it.

Mostly what we did in our frat was drink beer and play football.

You forgot that Atheists aren't always so friendly about these things. What you are wanting is a person that doesn't have any religious holdings for or against. They are the ones that won't give a shit.

That latter would be the vast majority of atheists. Spelled with a capital letter as you did, you're probably talking about the rare ones who are as dogmatic and aggressive as any religious zealot.

lol, reminds me of the time I made a mistake asking a Mormon colleague if I could take a gander at his Book of Mormon out of curiosity. (I'd heard there was a lot of weird shit in it.)
He invited me to his house, finagled me into watching a short film about how converting would change my life for the better. No matter how much I said I was just fine being Episcopal (at the time) he and his wife almost became hostile and when I left (they insisted repeatedly that I stay) , the wife was in tears because I wouldn't convert.
That's some fucked up behavior.

Oh wow, I had no idea those guys were THAT pushy. We used to be plagued by teams of young men -- always in pairs, dressed in black slacks and white dress shirts who rode bicycles -- who would try to get you to invite them in to hear the word. Always super polite and nice but still - nah. I wonder if other countries with Christian majority have these salesmen for Jesus?

That latter would be the vast majority of atheists. Spelled with a capital letter as you did, you're probably talking about the rare ones who are as dogmatic and aggressive as any religious zealot.

Normally those that have to identify as an atheist carry the same pretension as many other religious types. If you don't have an axe to grind you'd just go with being a regular person that doesn't focus on such things. No need to tell anyone anything or give your opinions and belief a title.

What Christians cannot understand is that there are other religions like Buddhism or Hinduism which do not have the same conception of God.
And Ancient Greeks thrived without knowing Jesus.

Most of humanity did as well. Certainly the ancient Asian cultures were ahead of the world in a lot of ways, long before the CE began.

Normally those that have to identify as an atheist carry the same pretension as many other religious types. If you don't have an axe to grind you'd just go with being a regular person that doesn't focus on such things. No need to tell anyone anything or give your opinions and belief a title.

:hand: :hand: :hand:

Exactly!

Back