Authoritarians are on the march

He conceded by not remaining in power.

In a political context, to concede means to acknowledge that your opponent won and you lost. That’s the basic requirement. It may be accompanied by good wishes.

In 1860 Douglas conceded to Lincoln:
“Partisan feeling must yield to patriotism. I'm with you Mr. President, and God bless you."

In 2008 McCain conceded to Obama:
"The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly. A little while ago, I had the honor of calling Sen. Barack Obama to congratulate him on being elected the next president of the country that we both love."

In nearly three years Trump has NOT conceded. The mere fact that he left the White House is irrelevant. He had no choice, except to be dragged out (no doubt some DC cops could have been found to do that).

I think further discussion would be futile. The message seems to have gone out that Trump “conceded” even though he didn’t. I wonder where that came from? :dunno:
I’ll leave it there.

In a political context, to concede means to acknowledge that your opponent won and you lost. That’s the basic requirement. It may be accompanied by good wishes.

In 1860 Douglas conceded to Lincoln:
“Partisan feeling must yield to patriotism. I'm with you Mr. President, and God bless you."

In 2008 McCain conceded to Obama:
"The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly. A little while ago, I had the honor of calling Sen. Barack Obama to congratulate him on being elected the next president of the country that we both love."

In nearly three years Trump has NOT conceded. The mere fact that he left the White House is irrelevant. He had no choice, except to be dragged out (no doubt some DC cops could have been found to do that).

I think further discussion would be futile. The message seems to have gone out that Trump “conceded” even though he didn’t. I wonder where that came from? :dunno:
I’ll leave it there.

Who the fuck cares if someone admits they lost or not?

It's not illegal not to do so.

What relevance does that have on anything?

Who the fuck cares if someone admits they lost or not?

It's not illegal not to do so.

What relevance does that have on anything?

People are not legally required to have class

but quality people who actually matter in civilized society

attribute no value whatsoever to the classless.

Why should they?

He conceded by not remaining in power.

He is free to express his views about the election under his first amendment rights.

Concede means to give up power, not to agree with it.

It does not work that way. Trump refused to concede because he needed it to mount his offense against the American system. His poor me defense required him to claim he was being wronged. He was not. A concession is verbal and public.

It does not work that way. Trump refused to concede because he needed it to mount his offense against the American system. His poor me defense required him to claim he was being wronged. He was not. A concession is verbal and public.

What law requires a president to concede an election?

All I'm hearing is your opinion.

Back