Bad faith of the agnostic

Have not considered this. Maybe agnosticism is a religion. I wonder what sociologist think about that.

So, theists and agnostics like talking about religion. Atheists do not. There is the difference.

An agnostic is like someone who is seen going into a bar every weekend.
When asked, he says he does not like drinking alcohol.
Then why go to a bar?

So, theists and agnostics like talking about religion. Atheists do not. There is the difference.
Theists and atheists are essentially the same thing...people making blind guesses about an essential of the REALITY of existence.

The theists GUESS there is a GOD (or it is more likely that there is a GOD than that there is no GOD) and the atheists GUESS that there are no gods (or it is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one.) The guesses are essentially blind guesses.

The agnostic simply acknowledges that he/she does not know...and most agnotics do not bother making any guesses.

You are correct, Hume...there is a difference. Theists and atheists are essentially the same thing...and agnostics are different.

Horseshit. Atheists like talking about religion just as much as agnostics...except that they think their blind guesses are better than the blind guesses of the theists.

An agnostic is like someone who is seen going into a bar every weekend.
When asked, he says he does not like drinking alcohol.
Then why go to a bar?
Atheists attempt to desparage agnostics...probably because deep down inside they realize the agnostic viewpoint makes more sense than the atheistic one.

Many atheists also try to include agnostics in their folds...to increase their numbers and increase the average intelligence of the group.

Have not considered this. Maybe agnosticism is a religion. I wonder what sociologist think about that.
Atheism is a religion, but Agnosticism is simply "I don't know. Go pester someone else".

8amfo1.jpg

Atheists attempt to desparage agnostics...probably because deep down inside they realize the agnostic viewpoint makes more sense than the atheistic one.

Many atheists also try to include agnostics in their folds...to increase their numbers and increase the average intelligence of the group.
LOL They also try to include Buddhists. It's as silly as gun-banners including suicides in their "gun violence" numbers.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Like I said, I'm A-OK with people being agnostic about God, but generally I find that people apply agnosticism very SPECIFICALLY and ONLY to God. When in reality they consistently in their lives wouldn't consider themselves agnostic about OTHER unevidenced claims.

I think an "ideal" would be to have a philosophy which is consistently applied across all cases. But that's not easy to do.
"wouldn't consider themselves agnostic about OTHER unevidenced claims. '

True. We rarely know anything with 100% certainty because we almost never experience things first hand. We are always trying to establish likelihood that something is/isn't true.

There is nothing people invest in more, with less evidence, than religion.

Last edited:
I didn't say anything about a god. I said that my blind guess is that there is at least one god.
The only attributes I assigned were that IT (or they) is/are responsible for the creation of what we humans call 'the physical universe'...IF SUCH AN ENTITY OR ENTITIES ACTUALLY

Agreed on blind guess. It's a matter of faith for both groups.
For me, it’s not a matter of faith. It’s a matter of evidence. And I see zero evidence of the Christian concept of their god.

Some atheists, Biblical scholars for instance, make it their living and are passionate about it. There are atheists who left their evangelical past that wish to frequently talk about it. Maybe constantly.

Personally, I find ancient archeology and the origins of man and his religions pretty fascinating.

The WOKE Death Cult does not do consistency.

Like at all...which is your sign that it is a cult.

WAKEY WAKEY

Hate Speech is running down those that the Regime does not approve of you running down.

Solidarity is running down those that the Regime wants to be road kill.

Wake The Fuck Up

Back