BAMA

Yep, that is a popular philosophy. And I am as hard on Bama as anyone.

But, having spent a life cheering for my Tide, there is more to it than just last season.

true that and 92 is not that long ago.
I too am vintage 1960, and prior to Saban our sole title was 58 and we clung to it like Linus to his blanket.

I was alive when we won the last one?

First off, I am an old fart. I was born in 1960.

So I was alive when we won National Championships in 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979 and 1992.

And the championships in '78 & '92 came as a result of the #1 & #2 teams playing in a bowl. Much like the BCS system.
So, you are saying they have sucked since 1992 and we can expect two decades before they recover from the Hoover effect?

So, you are saying they have sucked since 1992 and we can expect two decades before they recover from the Hoover effect?

We haven't exactly sucked for that entire time. We won the SEC Conference title in 1999. (beat Florida & Spurrier twice in one season - sweet)

And we won the division and were in the SEC Championship game in '93, '94, & '96.

We had a 10 win season just a couple of years ago, and will be back on the top level soon.

We haven't exactly sucked for that entire time. We won the SEC Conference title in 1999. (beat Florida & Spurrier twice in one season - sweet)

And we won the division and were in the SEC Championship game in '93, '94, & '96.

We had a 10 win season just a couple of years ago, and will be back on the top level soon.
Right and CU won the Big 12 conference many times since they started to suck, but it doesn't change that they suck.

Right and CU won the Big 12 conference many times since they started to suck, but it doesn't change that they suck.

No, it doesn't change that we sucked. But a diehard fan has to cling to something, however trivial in the real world.

No, it doesn't change that we sucked. But a diehard fan has to cling to something, however trivial in the real world.
Like the 1995 Braves World series victory? LOOOOOOOSSSSEERRSSS!

Fire Bobby Cox already.

As much as I like the Big 12... the SEC is hands down the best conference in football. So not quite the same.

Also... the crappy ass Buffs have only won the Big Twelve championship once... though they did get their ass kicked two other times in the championship game.... so they got that going for them.

In case I failed to mention... CU SUCKS!!!

As much as I like the Big 12... the SEC is hands down the best conference in football. So not quite the same.

Also... the crappy ass Buffs have only won the Big Twelve championship once... though they did get their ass kicked two other times in the championship game.... so they got that going for them.

In case I failed to mention... CU SUCKS!!!
Of course they suck. I said so.

Keep in mind my alma mater is entirely not CU and when it comes to hockey they pWN

Saban is a fucking football God, he just stubbed his toe last year.
Bama will most certainly be back at the top soon.
By biggest LSU homer ever.

Back