bho hiring policy

That's true. And maybe he will end up being one of our most effective and greatest presidents because of that. I do hope so.

I'm off to physical therapy and then Vermont - Happy Thankgiving Onceler! See you guys next week. :)

Same to you! Vermont sounds nice...

Seriously? You're losing it man. You're clearly trying hard, but you are seriously losing it. Take a break. Relax. Head on out to Sausalito. Go to Horizons for brunch. Have a Bloody Mary or four. Make a day of it.

Edit: Wait a minute, isn't Lindsey the guy that got shit-canned for stating that the Iraq War would cost $200 billion because the Bush Administration thought that such an estimate was obscenely high? Christ on a crucifix! Try to come up with a better example next time.

And Lindsey was correct was he not? How does that make him a bad example? Because he was fired for being right?

I still think its funny considering the complaints about Summers that they will washed aside by those who have them because he's supposedly better than a Bush appointment.

And Lindsey was correct was he not? How does that make him a bad example? Because he was fired for being right?

I still think its funny considering the complaints about Summers that they will washed aside by those who have them because he's supposedly better than a Bush appointment.

I'm not knocking Lindsey at all. The discussion I was trying to have concerned the hiring practices of Bush as compared to Obama. Bush did in fact hire a competent guy initially, but he fired him for being competent (and honest). That's why it is a bad example. Bush would prefer a incompetent yes man to a competent guy that refused to lie to Congress.

Here, I found the exact figures:

Harvard's president, they say, was legitimizing discrimination. Pointing out that the number of women receiving tenure each year at Harvard had dropped precipitously since Summers became president -- down to 4 of the past 32 offers -- the National Organization for Women has called for Summers's resignation. Once again, conservatives have defended him, saying that the blunt-speaking president offended only the forces of political correctness.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/lawrence_of_absurdia_1/

I just read this article Darla and it suggests the man has Asbergers syndrome.

It would explain much of his aberant behavior.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. The Larry Summers appointment as Director of the National Economic Council really pissed a lot of people off but he is certainly qualified for the position. Then I got to thinking, just what does the National Economic Council do and who is there now. What did Obama appoint Summers to?

It turns out that the guy currently holding the position is named Keith Hennessey. I never heard of him and I doubt any of you have either. His blurb on the White House website isn't very revealing. It turns out that the guy isn't an economist. He doesn't appear to have any financial background at all. In fact, his entire career appears to have been spent working for Senate Republicans, most recently, Senator Lott. Oh, and he wrote a thesis shitbagging the Clinton healthcare reform plans.

So, Obama nominates an eminently qualified economist with more credentials than you can shake a stick at whereas Bush hired some Senate Republican staffer no one ever heard of who isn't even an economist.

Quite telling.

There are lots of "eminently qualified economists" who did not support the failed policies of Bush .. who were not one of the architects of those monumental failures .. who are not followed by a host of his own self-created firestorms that have rippled around the world .. and who have not been wrong about virtuallyevery samn thing they've said about the economy.

Therein lies the telling.

Back