Biden endorses Supreme Court reforms, amendment to limit immunity

Hume

Verified User
President Biden endorsed sweeping changes to the Supreme Court on Monday, calling for 18-year term limits for the justices and a binding, enforceable ethics code for the high court.
He is also pushing for a constitutional amendment that would prohibit blanket immunity for presidents, a rebuke of the Supreme Court after it ruled this month that former president Donald Trump is immune from prosecution for official acts.

President Biden endorsed sweeping changes to the Supreme Court on Monday, calling for 18-year term limits for the justices and a binding, enforceable ethics code for the high court.
He is also pushing for a constitutional amendment that would prohibit blanket immunity for presidents, a rebuke of the Supreme Court after it ruled this month that former president Donald Trump is immune from prosecution for official acts.

Virtue signaling to the far left loons of the democrat party that ultimately will go no where.

Joe Biden: My plan to reform the Supreme Court and ensure no president is above the law​

This nation was founded on a simple yet profound principle: No one is above the law. Not the president of the United States. Not a justice on the Supreme Court of the United States. No one.

But the Supreme Court’s 6-3 decision on July 1 to grant presidents broad immunity from prosecution for crimes they commit in office means there are virtually no limits on what a president can do. The only limits will be those that are self-imposed by the person occupying the Oval Office.

If a future president incites a violent mob to storm the Capitol and stop the peaceful transfer of power — like we saw on Jan. 6, 2021 — there may be no legal consequences.

And that’s only the beginning.

"That’s why — in the face of increasing threats to America’s democratic institutions — I am calling for three bold reforms to restore trust and accountability to the court and our democracy.

First, I am calling for a constitutional amendment called the No One Is Above the Law Amendment. It would make clear that there is no immunity for crimes a former president committed while in office. I share our Founders’ belief that the president’s power is limited, not absolute. We are a nation of laws — not of kings or dictators.

"That’s why — in the face of increasing threats to America’s democratic institutions — I am calling for three bold reforms to restore trust and accountability to the court and our democracy.

First, I am calling for a constitutional amendment called the No One Is Above the Law Amendment. It would make clear that there is no immunity for crimes a former president committed while in office. I share our Founders’ belief that the president’s power is limited, not absolute. We are a nation of laws — not of kings or dictators.
Thats why you nasty evil demons want people to lose their jobs whenever they say things you dont like.

Virtue signaling to the far left loons of the democrat party that ultimately will go no where.
And promising Mexico will pay for a Wall wasn’t “virtue signaling” that was never going to go anywhere?

Court reforms make sense, Supreme Court is the only Court that lacks an enforceable ethics code and term limits is overdue, although I would go beyond eighteen years

And promising Mexico will pay for a Wall wasn’t “virtue signaling” that was never going to go anywhere?

Court reforms make sense, Supreme Court is the only Court that lacks an enforceable ethics code and term limits is overdue, although I would go beyond eighteen years
I never claimed it wasnt unless, you can show where.

I see no reason to "reform" the court. Democrats want tp "reform" the court because things arent going their way.

Last week Justice Elena Kagan called for the court to strengthen the ethics code it introduced in 2023 by adding a way to enforce it. That code was introduced after a spate of scandals involving rightwing justices on the court: Clarence Thomas was found to have accepted vacations and travel from a Republican mega-donor, while Samuel Alito flew on a private jet owned by an influential billionaire on the way to a fishing trip.

Last week Justice Elena Kagan called for the court to strengthen the ethics code it introduced in 2023 by adding a way to enforce it. That code was introduced after a spate of scandals involving rightwing justices on the court: Clarence Thomas was found to have accepted vacations and travel from a Republican mega-donor, while Samuel Alito flew on a private jet owned by an influential billionaire on the way to a fishing trip.

virtue signaling

I never claimed it wasnt unless, you can show where.

I see no reason to "reform" the court. Democrats want tp "reform" the court because things arent going their way.
Partially true, the GOP fielded similar calls back during the Warren Court, regardless, appointment for life with zero accountability makes no sense

NEW CODE OF CONDUCT​

The court in November adopted its first code of conduct after revelations about Justice Clarence Thomas accepting undisclosed travel from a wealthy benefactor. Justice Samuel Alito also has faced criticism from congressional Democrats after reports that flags associated with Trump's bid to undo his 2020 loss flew outside his homes in Virginia and New Jersey. Alito has said his wife flew the flags.
Critics have said the new code of conduct does not go far enough because it allows justices to decide for themselves whether to recuse from cases and provides no enforcement mechanism.

This is stupid in the extreme. What on earth makes this failed, miserable, low IQ, senile, serial lying dimwit think he can get an amendment passed by 2/3rds Congress and 38 States?

Joe Biden: My plan to reform the Supreme Court and ensure no president is above the law​

This nation was founded on a simple yet profound principle: No one is above the law. Not the president of the United States. Not a justice on the Supreme Court of the United States. No one.

But the Supreme Court’s 6-3 decision on July 1 to grant presidents broad immunity from prosecution for crimes they commit in office means there are virtually no limits on what a president can do. The only limits will be those that are self-imposed by the person occupying the Oval Office.

If a future president incites a violent mob to storm the Capitol and stop the peaceful transfer of power — like we saw on Jan. 6, 2021 — there may be no legal consequences.

And that’s only the beginning.

....above the law....
boy-meets-world-laughing.gif

Biden, Kamala, the Democratic Party of Lying Jackasses and their media enablers are the real threat. If you had a brain, which you obviously do not, you could comprehend the OBVIOUS.

Back