Biden endorses Supreme Court reforms, amendment to limit immunity

And promising Mexico will pay for a Wall wasn’t “virtue signaling” that was never going to go anywhere?

WTF does this have to do with the topic halfwit? Trump couldn't get his wall done because of Democrats dumbass. :palm:

Court reforms make sense, Supreme Court is the only Court that lacks an enforceable ethics code and term limits is overdue, although I would go beyond eighteen years

This isn't about court reform you willful moron, it's about an attempted power grab by Democrats. I wish you had a brain. Really I do. :palm:

Last week Justice Elena Kagan called for the court to strengthen the ethics code it introduced in 2023 by adding a way to enforce it. That code was introduced after a spate of scandals involving rightwing justices on the court: Clarence Thomas was found to have accepted vacations and travel from a Republican mega-donor, while Samuel Alito flew on a private jet owned by an influential billionaire on the way to a fishing trip.

Kagan is one of the most partisan and least qualified to be anywhere near the court. But she's the perfect DEI hire.

NEW CODE OF CONDUCT​

The court in November adopted its first code of conduct after revelations about Justice Clarence Thomas accepting undisclosed travel from a wealthy benefactor. Justice Samuel Alito also has faced criticism from congressional Democrats after reports that flags associated with Trump's bid to undo his 2020 loss flew outside his homes in Virginia and New Jersey. Alito has said his wife flew the flags.
Critics have said the new code of conduct does not go far enough because it allows justices to decide for themselves whether to recuse from cases and provides no enforcement mechanism.

Indeed. Court Justices should not have wealthy friends who have nothing before the court in order to satisfy the shrill stupidity of leftist morons like you. :palm:

Of course it makes sense, you just dont like it.
No it doesn’t, today’s Court proves it, Justice’s are held to zero accountability, they could literally be bought by special interests with no penalties, not what the Founders had in mind by establishing an Judicial Branch

No it doesn’t, today’s Court proves it, Justice’s are held to zero accountability, they could literally be bought by special interests with no penalties, not what the Founders had in mind by establishing an Judicial Branch
As I said you dont like it. Its been like this for 200 years but suddenly the court needs "reform". Please Im begging you to stop talking to everyone as if they are as stupid as a leftist.

As was Mexico paying for a Wall
I asked you before to show where I claimed that wasnt virtue signaling. Im still waiting. And if trump did it then its ok for you leftist nitwits to do it? Again stop talking to people as if they are as stupid as a leftists.

This is stupid in the extreme. What on earth makes this failed, miserable, low IQ, senile, serial lying dimwit think he can get an amendment passed by 2/3rds Congress and 38 States?
Yeah, holding the Supreme Court to an enforceable code of ethics is “stupid to the extreme,” appears ^ doesn’t approve of the Founders notions of checks and balances

As I said you dont like it. It’s been like this for 200 years but suddenly the court needs "reform". Please Im begging you to stop talking to everyone as if they are as stupid as a leftist.
No President being above the law was also established for 200+ years and yet that precedent didn’t stop this Court

No I don’t like the sugar daddy reality of the current Court, but that is not the point, rather that, like all Courts in America including other Federal Courts, the Supreme Court should be held to an enforceable code of ethics, what is the arguement for them not having one

No President being above the law was also established for 200+ years and yet that precedent didn’t stop this Court

No I don’t like the sugar daddy reality of the current Court, but that is not the point, rather that, like all Courts in America including other Federal Courts, the Supreme Court should be held to an enforceable code of ethics, what is the arguement for them not having one
It's just like the electoral college with you people. You want to get rid of it because it results in democrats losing. You can drone on all you like but not everyone is as stupid as a leftist

It's just like the electoral college with you people. You want to get rid of it because it results in democrats losing. You can drone on all you like but not everyone is as stupid as a leftist
It was a simple question, “what is the arguement for them not having” an enforceable code of ethics and/or term limits?

Has nothing to do with the electoral college or Democrats”losing,” just an invitation for you to present an opposing argument, which obviously you can not

Your done here, nothing to offer

President Biden endorsed sweeping changes to the Supreme Court on Monday, calling for 18-year term limits for the justices and a binding, enforceable ethics code for the high court.
He is also pushing for a constitutional amendment that would prohibit blanket immunity for presidents, a rebuke of the Supreme Court after it ruled this month that former president Donald Trump is immune from prosecution for official acts.

Some times virtues need to be signaled.

It was a simple question, “what is the arguement for them not having” an enforceable code of ethics and/or term limits?

Has nothing to do with the electoral college or Democrats”losing,” just an invitation for you to present an opposing argument, which obviously you can not

Your done here, nothing to offer

Poor anchovies,
You have a 53-year employee of the Federal government suddenly calling for term limits? Let that sink in.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Back