Bill Clinton: John McCain and Hillary are 'very close'

(CNN) — If Hillary Clinton and John McCain become their party's presidential nominees, the general election race is likely to be a love-fest.

At least according to Bill Clinton.

Campaigning in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Friday, the former president brushed aside suggestions his wife would prove to be a divisive nominee for the Democratic Party, pointing out how she has successfully worked with Republicans in the Senate — including one of the current GOP presidential candidates.

"She and John McCain are very close," Clinton said. "They always laugh that if they wound up being the nominees of their party, it would be the most civilized election in American history, and they're afraid they'd put the voters to sleep because they like and respect each other."

The comments may not be welcome by the McCain camp — which yesterday faced fire from several of its rivals for winning the backing of the New York Times — a longtime archenemy of conservatives.

Sens. McCain and Clinton last met publicly at an ABC debate earlier January, when presidential candidates of both parties shared the same stage. The two were seen exchanging pleasantries, and a Clinton side said she told the Arizona senator he’d done a “good job” staging a comeback in New Hampshire. He asked that she say hello to Bill Clinton for him.

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/25/bill-clinton-john-mccain-and-hillary-are-very-close/

Wonder if this means Johnny Mac will not play nasty politics with Hillary if they face one another?

I think what this means is that Billy boy is trying to take McCain out. Saying McCain is "close" to Hillary. Talk about this kiss of death among Republicans who are already skeptical of McCain.

Billy knows McCain is the only Rep that can beat Hillary or Obama. He wants to plant that little "McCain is close to Hillary" seed in the minds of Rep voters to try to drive them towards another Rep that Hillary (or Obama) could beat with greater ease.

I think what this means is that Billy boy is trying to take McCain out. Saying McCain is "close" to Hillary. Talk about this kiss of death among Republicans who are already skeptical of McCain.

Billy knows McCain is the only Rep that can beat Hillary or Obama. He wants to plant that little "McCain is close to Hillary" seed in the minds of Rep voters to try to drive them towards another Rep that Hillary (or Obama) could beat with greater ease.
Too early for it to work properly. The timing is way off.

I disagree. The timing is perfect.... going into super tuesday. Putting that seed of doubt in the minds of Rep primary voters.
Too early, way too many days for them to promote truth. It's why the "Bush's Superior Officer in the Guard hated him" story was too early, Rather wanted to put that BS out on See BS that Saturday before the election but thought he was going to be "scooped" by another agency and released it week early. This stuff has to be out about 2 to 3 days before elections, this is too early. They don't learn from the past....

Gee, imagine that. Superfreak came to the same conclusion as me.

I arrived at that conclusion after hearing my teachers label all kinds of different contradictory things freedom.

Notice FDR's four freedoms for instance:

Freedom of speech
Freedom of religion
Freedom from want
Freedom from fear

Notice how he switches "of" to "from" - essentially, he's labeling what is an anti-freedom as a freedom. If it were really a freedom, you'd have the freedom to want, and the freedom to fear, but not necessarily a protection from the two.

Now - is that really all that great a thing anyway? Some freedoms aren't so great. The restriction on murdering other people is a restriction on freedom, but it's a perfectly reasonable restriction on freedom.

#3 is the be-all end-all to statism. You can never rid humanity of "want," so you can pretty much just keep going until everyone has been murdered by the system...

#3 is the be-all end-all to statism. You can never rid humanity of "want," so you can pretty much just keep going until everyone has been murdered by the system...

I just noticed the clever switching of connectors there. It's blatant lying to name a protection a freedom. I mean, what if we had freedom from religion? Or freedom from speech? That's where he was heading.

I also disagree that just because something is a freedom it is necessarily good. Libertarians recongnize the non-initiation of force principle as pretty much the only restriction they believe in. But that restricts freedom. They say that it is necessary to protect others freedoms - in essence, they are advocating a freedom from. No one in the world believes in complete freedom. Not even anarchists.

I just noticed the clever switching of connectors there. It's blatant lying to name a protection a freedom. I mean, what if we had freedom from religion? Or freedom from speech? That's where he was heading.

I also disagree that just because something is a freedom it is necessarily good. Libertarians recongnize the non-initiation of force principle as pretty much the only restriction they believe in. But that restricts freedom. They say that it is necessary to protect others freedoms - in essence, they are advocating a freedom from. No one in the world believes in complete freedom. Not even anarchists.

Rousseau did.

you know Clinton has said it and McCain has not said a word to distance himself from it. McCain seems to be a pretty cordial guy and he reaches easily across the Aisle. Maybe he and Hilary do get along and would be civil to eachother. God you righties hate Hillary so much that you might not vote for a guy cause he gets along with her?

Could you please list to me one redeeming quality of Romney?

Thanks in advance.
List his negatives so then I'll know which qualities you refer to as negative and find one that isn't on that list.

Like "Animal Lover", he takes the family dog on vacation instead of kenneling him the entire time...

;)

Back