Bill Clinton lied about Obama's war stance

No - you're wrong on this. As I said, I'm not giving anyone a pass. By using the "wink, wink - we all know what is REALLY was" line of reasoning, it is YOU that are giving Bush & the admin a pass. It was not a vote for war, and never was. I'm not defending Kerry; there are a wide range of people on both the right & left who hoped for the best with that resolution, and took Bush on his word. Stupid? Yes, but it does history no good to rewrite the circumstances of that vote.

The only one excusing behavior on this thread is you. You are giving Bush a free pass on accountability, because Congress VOTED FOR WAR after all. In fact, a war resolution was never even presented to Congress.

I disagree. It does not give Bush a pass. Congress authorized him to go to war. Those that voted for the resolution gave Bush the power to proceed. But Bush was still the one that decided to go in. The final call was still his. They just gave him the power to do so.

To claim that they were "fooled" by Bush is simply theatrics. That is why we must go back to actually officially declaring war or not starting a war. None of this crap like we had in 2002 where the Senators and Representatives can hide behind their votes and act like they were "tricked" etc...

No - you're wrong on this. As I said, I'm not giving anyone a pass. By using the "wink, wink - we all know what is REALLY was" line of reasoning, it is YOU that are giving Bush & the admin a pass. It was not a vote for war, and never was. I'm not defending Kerry; there are a wide range of people on both the right & left who hoped for the best with that resolution, and took Bush on his word. Stupid? Yes, but it does history no good to rewrite the circumstances of that vote.

The only one excusing behavior on this thread is you. You are giving Bush a free pass on accountability, because Congress VOTED FOR WAR after all. In fact, a war resolution was never even presented to Congress.
LOL. Giving him a pass? Rubbish. I've been pissed about this inane idea of using these sorry little resolutions to go to war long before Bush ever hit office. I am just realistic on exactly what I saw, what I said, and what I know. If you believe that somebody was that stupid to think he really wouldn't go to war, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Levin offered the amendment that bush would have to come back for a second resolution before going to war. I heard that Clinton voted against it. God knows why, but she should have voted for it.

I knew bush was going to war. I was laughed at by cons for that, in spite of the current claims that "everyone" knew bush was going to war. But, clinton should have known bush was going to war come hell or high water.

LOL. Giving him a pass? Rubbish. I've been pissed about this inane idea of using these sorry little resolutions to go to war long before Bush ever hit office. I am just realistic on exactly what I saw, what I said, and what I know. If you believe that somebody was that stupid to think he really wouldn't go to war, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Everytime you post about this and make your faux equivelance claims that you have been pissed about what bush did since long before he did it, implying that lying the United States into a war without end, THERE ARE NO WMDS – has been business as usual and as a libertarian you are so above it all…you just end up supporting bush, which is pretty much what you’ve always done let’s face it.

Anyone who doesn’t call this criminal, and still very dangerously murderous administration what it is, which is anomalously bad, is supporting it to support the party, in my view. And I will always stand by that view. That’s why I consider you a bush apologist Damo…because you pretty much are one.

Everytime you post about this and make your faux equivelance claims that you have been pissed about what bush did since long before he did it, implying that lying the United States into a war without end, THERE ARE NO WMDS – has been business as usual and as a libertarian you are so above it all…you just end up supporting bush, which is pretty much what you’ve always done let’s face it.

Anyone who doesn’t call this criminal, and still very dangerously murderous administration what it is, which is anomalously bad, is supporting it to support the party, in my view. And I will always stand by that view. That’s why I consider you a bush apologist Damo…because you pretty much are one.
Right. As much as you are a Giuliani apologist because you lived in NYC when he was Mayor. :rolleyes:

I have spoken against the idiotic "War Powers Act" since I was old enough to understand how messed up every engagement we have ever been in under it's "benevolent" umbrella has been. It consistently allows congress to attempt to slide past a vote to war. Bush promoted it, they voted for it and off we went.

I have been against Bush for his spending, I have been against Bush for his war. I think he has been a disaster, I am against the PATRIOT Act, I don't like giving up freedoms for security. That I won't vote for your idiot that you want doesn't make me an apologist. Unless you consider yourself a "Rudy Apologist".

Right. As much as you are a Giuliani apologist because you lived in NYC when he was Mayor. :rolleyes:

I have spoken against the idiotic "War Powers Act" since I was old enough to understand how messed up every engagement we have ever been in under it's "benevolent" umbrella has been. It consistently allows congress to attempt to slide past a vote to war. Bush promoted it, they voted for it and off we went.

I have been against Bush for his spending, I have been against Bush for his war. I think he has been a disaster, I am against the PATRIOT Act, I don't like giving up freedoms for security. That I won't vote for your idiot that you want doesn't make me an apologist. Unless you consider yourself a "Rudy Apologist".

Um, the analogy to me and Rudy makes zero sense, but Damo your analogies never do, it’s the funniest shit I’ve ever seen.

Um, the analogy to me and Rudy makes zero sense, but Damo your analogies never do, it’s the funniest shit I’ve ever seen.
I support Bush about as much as you support Giuliani. I therefore used one that had about that same amount of "aplogist". I guess I could have used Clinton, but she has more of your support than Bush does of mine.

Back