Bill: "We Just Have to Slow Down Our Economy" to Fight Global Warming

And all this with no particular evidence that man can affect global warming at all. We have to beggar ourselves trying, just to find out if the hysteria and junk science have any basis in reality.

GREAT plan.

The economy will slow and bill has nothing to do with it. Butt yes that was stupit of bill to say.

But that's not really what he said:

“Everybody knows that global warming is real,” Mr. Clinton said, giving a shout-out to Al Gore’s Nobel Peace Prize, “but we cannot solve it alone.”

“And maybe America, and Europe, and Japan, and Canada — the rich counties — would say, ‘OK, we just have to slow down our economy and cut back our greenhouse gas emissions ’cause we have to save the planet for our grandchildren.’ We could do that.

But if we did that, you know as well as I do, China and India and Indonesia and Vietnam and Mexico and Brazil and the Ukraine, and all the other countries will never agree to stay poor to save the planet for our grandchildren. The only way we can do this is if we get back in the world’s fight against global warming and prove it is good economics that we will create more jobs to build a sustainable economy that saves the planet for our children and grandchildren. It is the only way it will work

Wow I would have thought a rich guy like chap would be above the repub dirty tricks 101. That was limbaughesque. Take a piece of a quote and turn it completely around.

Clinton is flat wrong, as usual. There is no evidence that any of that will work at all.

Man did not create global warming, and nobody has shown that man can slow it down or speed it up.

These enviro-whackos want to restrict and control the economies of every major country on the planet, just to indulge their airbrained wishful thinking.

Clinton is flat wrong, as usual. There is no evidence that any of that will work at all.

Man did not create global warming, and nobody has shown that man can slow it down or speed it up.

These enviro-whackos want to restrict and control the economies of every major country on the planet, just to indulge their airbrained wishful thinking.

He is accurate that fighting global warming will slow down the economy. You just won't find many people who support the fight against global warming willing to come out and say that publicly.

He is accurate that fighting global warming will slow down the economy. You just won't find many people who support the fight against global warming willing to come out and say that publicly.

I think this is one of the biggest myths going. It depends completely on HOW you fight it.

Portland, OR met Kyoto standards & were able to show a direct correlation between green efforts & economic growth. What people don't realize is that, once you commit to renewable sources on a large scale, they have the potential to be much less expensive than oil, which is a finite source of energy & priced that way, subject to shortages & manipulation.

Beyond that, I doubt anyone can calculate what it would do for the American economy to spend billions here on domestic sources of alt energy, rather than pouring those billions into the Mid East & other regions....

I think this is one of the biggest myths going. It depends completely on HOW you fight it.

Portland, OR met Kyoto standards & were able to show a direct correlation between green efforts & economic growth. What people don't realize is that, once you commit to renewable sources on a large scale, they have the potential to be much less expensive than oil, which is a finite source of energy & priced that way, subject to shortages & manipulation.

Beyond that, I doubt anyone can calculate what it would do for the American economy to spend billions here on domestic sources of alt energy, rather than pouring those billions into the Mid East & other regions....

What a revealing analysis.

And here I thought the Global Warming issue was about global warming. But in reality, the issue is controlling and changing national economies?

Good to know. :eek:

What a revealing analysis.

And here I thought the Global Warming issue was about global warming. But in reality, the issue is controlling and changing national economies?

Good to know. :eek:

There is much more to alt energy than global warming. It is both an economic & national security issue.

It's become to partisan, so the debate is colored that way, but there are a lot of very good reasons for stepping up R&D efforts that don't involve being an enviro-wacko (which I proudly am).

Depends on how it is done. We can reduce pollution AND become more economically viable if we act responsibly. Kyoto type deals are bullshit and even the Scientists who support man made global warming will tell you it will have little effect. But that doesn't mean there aren't ways to reduce pollution while increasing efficiency.

He says he doesn't want to slow the economy, though he mentioned it. What does it mean to "get back into the fight against global warming"? He's a moron. ANd you people are morons for pretending his idiotic ass makes any sense.

I think Shell oil and Occidental petro just announced record profit increases.

Yes, but their profit margins are the same as most major companies of their size and success.

Shell is also one of the leaders in alternate energy research. A point many on the left like to ignore.

Yes, but their profit margins are the same as most major companies of their size and success.

Shell is also one of the leaders in alternate energy research. A point many on the left like to ignore.

Something tells me they won't find anything until the oils 'bout gone.:rolleyes:

There is much more to alt energy than global warming. It is both an economic & national security issue.

It's become to partisan, so the debate is colored that way, but there are a lot of very good reasons for stepping up R&D efforts that don't involve being an enviro-wacko (which I proudly am).

Agree 100%. Including the part that you admit to being a wacko. ;)

Acorn... ignore the global warming blame game. It is most definitely in our interest both economically and from a national security perspective to invest heavily into alt energy R&D. Not to mention that pollution from fossil fuels is not good for our health.... no matter if it causes global warming or not.

Agree 100%. Including the part that you admit to being a wacko. ;)

Acorn... ignore the global warming blame game. It is most definitely in our interest both economically and from a national security perspective to invest heavily into alt energy R&D. Not to mention that pollution from fossil fuels is not good for our health.... no matter if it causes global warming or not.

Check out some of the VC's in the Silicon Valley. Billions are being invested in alternative energy as we speak.

Ahmen.........!

Global warming is a natural cycle in our worlds 4m plus history...it is a natural occurence..and quite well documented by science!

Lorax you don't have any info on any alt energy project that's way cheaper than oil, nice platitude but you can't back it up.

Check out some of the VC's in the Silicon Valley. Billions are being invested in alternative energy as we speak.

Yes, I know. Half of my personal investable assets are tied up in private placements. Two areas. Alt energy and cancer research.

The other half is in gold, a couple of solar companies and commercial real estate.

Back