Blacks in inner cities, seem to be their own worst enemy.

Not to nitpick, but there are poor black people in other parts of the world who experience opportunities for upward mobility.

I dunno, Africa comes to mind.

...Okay, I specifically went out of my way to nitpick.

But there are black minorities in Europe, the Middle East, and even Asia who make it too. We are not as racist a country as some people make us out to be, but we're also not the only relatively free country these days.

I don't think you can teach someone how to be competitive, but you can certainty teach them how to ski. My point was that black sprinters possess an ideal body type for alpine ski racing. A coach that capitalizes on that would be successful.

They already made this movie. It's called "Cool Runnings".

Maybe you can be John Candy's replacement in the sequel when the Jamaicans go skiing.

Cool Runnings: The skii-quel.

Bobsledding is not fucking skiing peoplez!!!

Doesn't matter. The song still works no matter what kind of ice-capades they do.

"Jamaica, we have a skiing team!"

"Jamaica, we have a hockey team!"

"Jamaica, we have a curling team!"

Therefore, they are all the same sport, with minor variations!!!

Jamaica is still corrupt though. I was there about 15 years ago during an election. Both our pool guy and our house woman told us to stay in the house that night. I listened to the returns on the radio. There were several murders that night in Kingston, and the returns would come in so-and so 1023, his opponent 4, followed by vice-versa in a different part of the City.

Jamaica is still corrupt though. I was there about 15 years ago during an election. Both our pool guy and our house woman told us to stay in the house that night. I listened to the returns on the radio. There were several murders that night in Kingston, and the returns would come in so-and so 1023, his opponent 4, followed by vice-versa in a different part of the City.

Oh, yeah, it is very dangerous there. Thank goodness they have gun control.

LOL

I've been there twice and I never felt threatened. I took my wife shopping one time and parked the car behind a strip mall. The stores in the mall itself were owned by Indians but I was lured to what was basically a jungle with 10' x 10' tents, pallets for floors with local folks selling wares. While my wife went into the mall I talked with several young men and I had my son, then two years old, with me. We talked politics for a bit and I ended up buying the iron wood sculpture of Bob Marley that one of them was working on, along with a small amount of pot. Later that night I took two tokes off the pot and nearly had a heat attack since the stuff was so strong.

Its not just blacks but most inner city schools are like that; bet they white, brown or red. Anyone who tries to succeed is at best shunned. The only solution is to put your kid in private school which requires vouchers for poor parents but of course the Democrats will have none of that. And in return for messing up their kids the parents continue to vote for the Democrats "because the Republicans never done nothin' fo' me."
I went to a upscale suburban upper middle class high school and was still treated that way. It's not a "conservative/liberal" thing. It's a "lets make a product at the most reasonable cost" thing and that goal requires conformity at the cost of developing independant thinking. God knows I didn't learn that in high school. In fact, the ultra-conservative administration and the ubber liberal teachers of my high school both tacitly discouraged independant thinking.

I went to a upscale suburban upper middle class high school and was still treated that way. It's not a "conservative/liberal" thing. It's a "lets make a product at the most reasonable cost" thing and that goal requires conformity at the cost of developing independant thinking. God knows I didn't learn that in high school. In fact, the ultra-conservative administration and the ubber liberal teachers of my high school both tacitly discouraged independant thinking.

You just made my point, since you went to a public school. It is essentially a monopoly unless your parents are wealthy and therefore they generally provide the public with a disservice.

Back