Burn in Hell!: To Kids As they Sing 'God Bless the USA' (video)

Lyrics aside, it just has better music and beat than that twangy little ditty.

Which doesn't change that lyrics mean something and liberals tend to be happier with a negative rather than a positive song about the nation. Some people like rock better than country, fine. But there is nothing in that song different than any other patriotic song from any nation out there.

It is silly to watch a video like this and the only thing you have to say about it is that you "hate the song".

I find this absurd from people who complain about the "tone" of political discourse...

Which doesn't change that lyrics mean something and liberals tend to be happier with a negative rather than a positive song about the nation. Some people like rock better than country, fine. But there is nothing in that song different than any other patriotic song from any nation out there.

It is silly to watch a video like this and the only thing you have to say about it is that you "hate the song".

I find this absurd from people who complain about the "tone" of political discourse...

My very first sentence was: "I don't approve of what those people did, ruining the occasion for those poor kids." Do you want more?

The man (or people) who ruined this event is a flaming idiot. I have kids and I've seen adult bad behaviour at their various concerts, plays, games, etc. I have zero sympathy for pushing a political agenda at the children's event, even if the screamer's a liberal. That being said:

I don't like the song. I didn't like it in 1984 and I don't like it now. I wouldn't like it if it glorified the French, the English, the Germans, or any other nationality. I don't like it in the same way you don't like jazz. Furthermore, it's a pop song not the national anthem, FCOL. Stop taking it so seriously.

L

Oh, liberals like everything negative about the country blah, blah, blah, you are starting to sound like bravo, ever "inept"

Back