bushco wants offshore drilling allowed

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
i should have included mcsame in that title but then bushco and mcsame are one and the same...

new drilling will not lower the cost of gas

the high price of gas is driven by bushco's deficit spending, i.e., the low value of the dollar

do you think that the oil companies will sell gas/oil for less than the market value?

Last edited:
i should have included mcsame in that title but then bushco and mcsame are one and the same...

the high price of gas is driven by bushco's deficit spending, i.e., the low value of the dollar

do you think that the oil companies will sell gas/oil for less than the market value?

hey DQ, thank you sir I will bring my fine lady to SB and there will be no drilling. Thank you for being against it.

Actually all joking aside you said some gang banger lives two doors down and shot up your place. Let us know because this board will take care of it sir. I will finance it and I will direct our crew and those people will not bother you again on this planet. Peace my friend.

hey DQ, thank you sir I will bring my fine lady to SB and there will be no drilling. Thank you for being against it.

Actually all joking aside you said some gang banger lives two doors down and shot up your place. Let us know because this board will take care of it sir. I will finance it and I will direct our crew and those people will not bother you again on this planet. Peace my friend.

caw

peace and long life to you

that happened years ago at a place my family no longer lives

strange as it may seem, offshore drilling may actually benefit SB's ocean

seems that the natural oil and gas seeps pollute more than drilling and drilling would help alleviate the pressure and reduce the seeps

what a strange world we live in

how are things in oakland?

my best to you and yours

I say we wait about 3 yrs to start drilling. Let the price of gas get to $6 gallon, then talk about it again.
i think peoples understanding of supply & demand price relationship clears for them.

Holy Shit, he was prolific last night.

I agree with you DQ, and I am amazed at the rubes who are falling for this one.

Does no one see this for what it is. THEY KNOW that the dem congress is NOT going to vote to allow off shore drilling. Hell Mel Martinez and Jeb Bush are some of the biggest opponents of it. BUT someone, maybe even Johnny Mac will introduce the bill, it will get voted down and then Mac and company can say "The dems WANT you to pay 6 dollars a gallon for gas!" This is the playing of pure politics in a political season.

Does no one see this for what it is. THEY KNOW that the dem congress is NOT going to vote to allow off shore drilling. Hell Mel Martinez and Jeb Bush are some of the biggest opponents of it. BUT someone, maybe even Johnny Mac will introduce the bill, it will get voted down and then Mac and company can say "The dems WANT you to pay 6 dollars a gallon for gas!" This is the playing of pure politics in a political season.
Of course it is. I thought everybody saw that.

The sad thing is that it will take $6 gas to get us to do what we should do in the areas of energy conservaton and alternatives.

Have to hit people in the head with a 2X4 to get their attention.

Yeah, the catostrophic BushCo economic policies, leading to a cratering dollar, is a big part of the prices we're paying.

I heard on the radio, that if we were paying for oil in Euros, we'd be paying the equivalent of $2.25 per gallon.

Oh, I totally know that. That’s why I am saying, I can’t believe the rubes are falling for it. Topper being the number one rube, by the way.

Oh, I totally know that. That’s why I am saying, I can’t believe the rubes are falling for it. Topper being the number one rube, by the way.

d

no one ever lost a lot of money by underestimating the attention or sense of voters

rising food and fuel prices hurt the poor and retired the most

82% of the public agrees with drilling.
Thank God for the turbo-libs, I'd rather wait till I get a fair price like $6gallon for gas

That was a compelling, and fair and balanced opinion piece.

The part about Democrats being elite, screaming limosine liberals was particularly convincing.

It's an opinion piece it's not about being fair and balanced. Do you disagree with the premise?

It's an opinion piece it's not about being fair and balanced. Do you disagree with the premise?

Yes.

But not in America. Since the oil crisis of the early 1980s, our oil production is down by 22 percent. And the Democrats’ solution? Stop new drilling, massive new tax increases on oil companies and spending $150 billion in tax-funded research into Obama’s preferred energy sources, magic pixie dust and unicorn hair.

I really don't think that's accurate, or even true. I don't think Obama's energy policy is based on pixie dust.

I think this guy wrote this article as an entertainment piece for the base.

I also don't think democrats are "against drilling" on principle. It's silly to boil down a complex energy issue as being either "for" drilling, or "against" drilling.

That's the kind of either/or logic Bush has employed for 8 years, and its just plain silly

Back