But I thought all the ice was melting?

Sounds like one of those pot, kettle situations.

The simple answer is because most glaciers don't form in deep chasms that produce shade.

Most glaciers are wide, flat, open expanses that sit in the sunlight and absorb heat.

Maybe but fact is they are both black.

Oh very good. So it's more about it's structure than whether or not it necessarily says anything about climate change? Maybe you're not as much of a self absorbed asshole as I have become accustomed to you being or like the other one.

It proves conclusively that the temperature is not warm enough to melt ice.

Only direct sunlight can.

Global warming debunked.

The only thing you are proving is that you are an idiot.

There are a number of ways to prevent ice from melting. In the days before refrigerators, ice was packed in sawdust to keep it from melting in summer as it was shipped across the country. Deep snow can also take a long time to melt even in very warm temperatures. You claim to be from Minnesota but I doubt it or you would have seen large piles of snow piled up that were pushed off 3 story parking ramps lasting into late June and even July. If you were from Minnesota you would also have seen snow melt when the temperatures were below freezing. Do you know what an ice dam is? (Hint, it's like what is likely happening on Mt St Helens to create a new glacier.)

The top of Mt St Helens is not at sea level. Prior to it's eruption, Mt St Helens at its peak because of its elevation had a perennial snow cover.
Global climate change doesn't change the height of mountains.

Multiple pictures of Mt St Helens in the summer with snow on it.
https://www.seattlepi.com/seattlenews/slideshow/Mount-St-Helens-then-and-now-62684.php
1200x0.jpg

The eruption changed the shape of the top of the mountain, creating a crater. The crater means that show accumulates differently than it did before. Snow needs to become ice for it to create a glacier. How does snow become ice? Direct sunlight can melt snow even if the air temperature is below freezing. The change in the shape of the mountain and the crater with shadows means the snow above the crater is melted and then it flows into the crater where it refreezes as
.... wait for it...

.... ICE!!!

Like I said. The only thing you are proving is you are an idiot that has never been to the mountains and aren't from Minnesota as you claimed.

That's an easy question, like most leftists he's a self absorbed asshole who just loves proving to others what a self absorbed asshole he is.

A simple question was posed to that self absorbed asshole, why would a glacier in the shade to called a "scientific curiosity"? There would be no reason to "keep" anyone if they just answered the fucking question or just admitted they couldn't or just didnt want to. Instead they need to prove what self a sorbed assholes they are.

How many other glaciers have formed in the caldera of a volcano? Can you name one other one?

The only thing you are proving is that you are an idiot.

There are a number of ways to prevent ice from melting. In the days before refrigerators, ice was packed in sawdust to keep it from melting in summer as it was shipped across the country. Deep snow can also take a long time to melt even in very warm temperatures. You claim to be from Minnesota but I doubt it or you would have seen large piles of snow piled up that were pushed off 3 story parking ramps lasting into late June and even July. If you were from Minnesota you would also have seen snow melt when the temperatures were below freezing. Do you know what an ice dam is? (Hint, it's like what is likely happening on Mt St Helens to create a new glacier.)

The top of Mt St Helens is not at sea level. Prior to it's eruption, Mt St Helens at its peak because of its elevation had a perennial snow cover.
Global climate change doesn't change the height of mountains.

Multiple pictures of Mt St Helens in the summer with snow on it.
https://www.seattlepi.com/seattlenews/slideshow/Mount-St-Helens-then-and-now-62684.php
1200x0.jpg

The eruption changed the shape of the top of the mountain, creating a crater. The crater means that show accumulates differently than it did before. Snow needs to become ice for it to create a glacier. How does snow become ice? Direct sunlight can melt snow even if the air temperature is below freezing. The change in the shape of the mountain and the crater with shadows means the snow above the crater is melted and then it flows into the crater where it refreezes as
.... wait for it...

.... ICE!!!

Like I said. The only thing you are proving is you are an idiot that has never been to the mountains and aren't from Minnesota as you claimed.

I've never seen piles of snow getting bigger in June in Minnesota.

How to say “you don’t understand climate change” without saying “you don’t understand climate change”.

Climate cannot change.
There is no Global Warming either (other than as a fundamentalist style religion). No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.

Minnesota isn't at 9,000 ft.
The average low for Mt St Helens in July is 37 degrees.
That is about the same as Minneapolis in March.

Did you still see snow in MN in March?

And April. And even on rare occasions, May. You are sadly talking to a fucking moron who is too lazy to improve his condition. And is a compulsive liar.

Back