buyer beware...

Cancel 2016.2

The Almighty
http://www.cnbc.com/id/26746923

The above is a good example of why you should know what your money markets invest in. Whether it is at a bank or a brokerage firm. Don't fall for the higher teaser rates.... make sure your money market fund is invested in treasuries or repos. You do not want it owning anything else at this point.

Note: If you have cash at a bank... you likely have FDIC protection, but it still doesn't hurt to double check.

This is what Krugman put on his blog about money markets this morning:

"Here’s the one-month T-bill rate, from the WSJ; when it goes way down, that’s showing a flight to safety. As of this morning, it’s about 0.2% — a panic level. This probably reflects the emergence of trouble in money market funds, which strikes me as very scary — yet another type of postmodern bank run."

This is what Krugman put on his blog about money markets this morning:

"Here’s the one-month T-bill rate, from the WSJ; when it goes way down, that’s showing a flight to safety. As of this morning, it’s about 0.2% — a panic level. This probably reflects the emergence of trouble in money market funds, which strikes me as very scary — yet another type of postmodern bank run."

this is only the second time since money markets began back in 1970 that one has broken a dollar per share.

Again, check you money market funds.... see what they invest in. Better to be safe than sorry.

this is only the second time since money markets began back in 1970 that one has broken a dollar per share.

Again, check you money market funds.... see what they invest in. Better to be safe than sorry.

Let me tell you why life’s very simple for me…I have no money market funds. On the other hand, today at my weekly networking meeting which is really starting to come together for me, I picked up FOUR new freelance jobs. To be honest, I’ve never been doing so well. I have no loans, no money markets, a safe job, and no problems, so far as I know ( I don’t want to jinx myself and it ends up I have cancer).

I’m good SF! I can even buy new boots, and the styles this year, are really stunning. But thank you, and I ‘m sure that the High IQ people like Top, who have money markets and all that other stuff, should definitely take your advice.

(I do have a 401K, but I have just stopped checking it, because what are you going to do? And that's a long way off anyway.)

Let me tell you why life’s very simple for me…I have no money market funds. On the other hand, today at my weekly networking meeting which is really starting to come together for me, I picked up FOUR new freelance jobs. To be honest, I’ve never been doing so well. I have no loans, no money markets, a safe job, and no problems, so far as I know ( I don’t want to jinx myself and it ends up I have cancer).

I’m good SF! I can even buy new boots, and the styles this year, are really stunning. But thank you, and I ‘m sure that the High IQ people like Top, who have money markets and all that other stuff, should definitely take your advice.

(I do have a 401K, but I have just stopped checking it, because what are you going to do? And that's a long way off anyway.)

This thread was simply to give fair warning to everyone.... because given everything that is happening in the financial markets right now, this story is not going to be at the top of the news.

Side note.... your 401k likely has a money market fund in it. If you have the option within the 401k... look at investing some in gold.

This thread was simply to give fair warning to everyone.... because given everything that is happening in the financial markets right now, this story is not going to be at the top of the news.

Side note.... your 401k likely has a money market fund in it. If you have the option within the 401k... look at investing some in gold.

Ok, I will check that, thanks.

typical liberal... only caring about yourself.

Don’t worry, if this keeps up for me, I will start voting Republican, rail against taxes, stay up nights wondering how minorities are scheming to steal my money, and demand to know why, since my health care is so good, 43 million Americans without it is my concern!

Don’t worry, if this keeps up for me, I will start voting Republican, rail against taxes, stay up nights wondering how minorities are scheming to steal my money, and demand to know why, since my health care is so good, 43 million Americans without it is my concern!

Wow! Those must be SOME boots.

Back