buyer beware...

Obviously not. Not should she. Good footwear can make you feel great and can do wonders for a woman's appearance.

I just bought into Vanguard 500 Index Fund (VFINX).

Am I making a mistake? It seems pretty low right now. I bought into it about a year ago when it was like 40 higher and then had to sell for a loss. I just don't see how it can possibly get worse than this.

I just bought into Vanguard 500 Index Fund (VFINX).

Am I making a mistake? It seems pretty low right now. I bought into it about a year ago when it was like 40 higher and then had to sell for a loss. I just don't see how it can possibly get worse than this.
If you are buying a S&P Fund.... HOLD IT.

Those are long term investments.

If you want a fast buck that is not the vehicle for it.

Solitary is such a modern man, he can be in the office outsourcing white trash with the men, and still discuss shoes with the ladies.

Darla does not mess around with footwear.

Ha ha!

But I was just trying to get SF's hopes up - I would never become a republican not even if I accumulated as much wealth as the genius, Topper, who is luxuriating with a San Franciscan hooker and not at all concerned about how much he has lost in the markets this week...though he may get concerned when he can't pay her bill? I hope she does not have a pimp?

Ha ha!

But I was just trying to get SF's hopes up - I would never become a republican not even if I accumulated as much wealth as the genius, Topper, who is luxuriating with a San Franciscan hooker and not at all concerned about how much he has lost in the markets this week...though he may get concerned when he can't pay her bill? I hope she does not have a pimp?

from another thread I think AH fixed toppy up with a chick called wide Berth ?

Solitary is such a modern man, he can be in the office outsourcing white trash with the men, and still discuss shoes with the ladies.

Let me correct you, asshat.

I can be in the office helping run the company, maintain a top safety program, keep up with a long running convo with my kids, discuss clothes and shoes with a New Yorker, talk to a few people on this forum about religious holidays, discuss the upcoming deer season with one of my office friends, and still have time to insult the idiots on a forum.

Does that work for you? lol

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26746923

The above is a good example of why you should know what your money markets invest in. Whether it is at a bank or a brokerage firm. Don't fall for the higher teaser rates.... make sure your money market fund is invested in treasuries or repos. You do not want it owning anything else at this point.

Note: If you have cash at a bank... you likely have FDIC protection, but it still doesn't hurt to double check.

Now the taxpayers may have to bail out the FDIC:

WASHINGTON - Banks are not the only ones struggling in the growing financial crisis. The fund established to insure their deposits is also feeling the pinch, and the taxpayer may be the lender of last resort.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., whose insurance fund has slipped below the minimum target level set by Congress, could be forced to tap tax dollars through a Treasury Department loan if Washington Mutual Inc., the nation's largest thrift, or another struggling rival fails, economists and industry analysts said Tuesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080916/ap_on_bi_ge/bank_deposits_safety

Epi it can always go lower.
Darla you can save yourself many thousands knowing what not to buy in your 401k.

Back