By Slow-Walking Trump's J6 Trial SCOTUS is Engaging in Election Interference

By delaying the J6 Trial, is SCOTUS Interfering with the Election?

• Total voters

LurchAddams

There Can be Only One!
Here's why I think so. Many people polled votes will depend on trump's guilt or innocence vis av vis Jan 6th. By delaying the trial until after the election the maga justices are withholding a valuable piece of information from the American people.

Agree or disagree and why?

Also, I would argue that it's ridiculous to even consider that anyone, including a president is above the law. No wonder SCOTUS's approval rating is in the teens.

Here's why I think so. Many people polled votes will depend on trump's guilt or innocence vis av vis Jan 6th. By delaying the trial until after the election the maga justices are withholding a valuable piece of information from the American people.

Agree or disagree and why?

Disagree. Most Trump voters are still going to support him even if found guilty. It will make his support even stronger among some because they think he is a victim of a "deep state" FBI plot controlled by Biden.

A President has constitutional authority to overthrow the government with violence?!

For anything! What trump and his lawyers are arguing is that a president can do anything, including having Seal Team 6 murder a political rival (for example if Biden had trump killed) and unless he was impeached and convicted by the Senate for it, he's immune from criminal prosecution. It's fucking ridiculous for the court even to take it up.

Disagree. Most Trump voters are still going to support him even if found guilty. It will make his support even stronger among some because they think he is a victim of a "deep state" FBI plot controlled by Biden.

But many on the fence won't vote for him if convicted, they're waiting for the outcome of the trial and now they won't get to see it.

For anything! What trump and his lawyers are arguing is that a president can do anything, including having Seal Team 6 murder a political rival (for example if Biden had trump killed) and unless he was impeached and convicted by the Senate for it, he's immune from criminal prosecution. It's fucking ridiculous for the court even to take it up.

Agree with you. They should not have taken it up.

Agree with you. They should not have taken it up.

And you know the timing, right? Not only did SCOTUS take over 2 weeks to decide whether or not to take the case, they're now refusing to hear attorney arguments until late April. It's an obvious maga stall tactic and election interference. In the end, I think SCOTUS will probably agree with the lower court, but by that time the election will have happened before trump's J6 trial will even begin.

But many on the fence won't vote for him if convicted, they're waiting for the outcome of the trial and now they won't get to see it.

I think most people have made up their mind about his guilt and whether it will affect their vote. If a person thinks he committed immoral acts they will vote against him even if he is found not guilty.

I think most people have made up their mind about his guilt and whether it will affect their vote. If a person thinks he committed immoral acts they will vote against him even if he is found not guilty.

Agree. Everyone has made up their minds already,

You mean guilty?

No, I mean if he is found "not guilty" but a person thinks he did something wrong, they will still vote against him despite the outcome of the trial.

Most people already know how they will vote and the trial verdicts will not change that.

No, I mean if he is found "not guilty" but a person thinks he did something wrong, they will still vote against him despite the outcome of the trial.

Most people already know how they will vote and the trial verdicts will not change that.

I disagree with you and so does this poll:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4441241-trump-poll-convictions-deep-trouble/

Former President Trump has escaped numerous controversies that would doom other candidates — but he is not entirely immune to the laws of political gravity.

A new poll suggests the point could be proven in dramatic fashion if any of the four criminal trials he is facing results in a conviction.

The poll is 2/1/24. Ten months could change some opinions such as the economy, border issues....

I think it will be very close again regardless of trial outcomes. Trump's losses in those civil cases already decided did not seem to change opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if convictions don't affect independent votes, but Republicans think it is all a deep state plot.

He needs the votes of the independents to win, though. Think a conviction would sway them?

The poll is 2/1/24. Ten months could change some opinions such as the economy, border issues....

I think it will be very close again regardless of trial outcomes. Trump's losses in those civil cases already decided did not seem to change opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if convictions don't affect independent votes, but Republicans think it is all a deep state plot.

I agree that the election will be very close. That's been the case since Bush/Gore. Also, Republican presidential candidates haven't won the popular vote for the past several cycles. We need to do away with the electoral college.

I agree that the election will be very close. That's been the case since Bush/Gore. Also, Republican presidential candidates haven't won the popular vote for the past several cycles. We need to do away with the electoral college.

I disagree. The electoral college has served us well. Only a very few times has the popular vote winner not won the electoral college.

I disagree. The electoral college has served us well. Only a very few times has the popular vote winner not won the electoral college.

You're talking about Republicans. If they want to win the popular vote they should start governing and come up with some actual ideas.

It is not about people making up their minds. If Trump is found guilty in the document case, the insurrection or the attempt to get fake electors to replace the real ones, the few Trumpys who respect the law will not be able to vote for him. Trump has not expanded his bade. His criminal behavior has made him unpalatable to lots of potential voters.

Back