By Slow-Walking Trump's J6 Trial SCOTUS is Engaging in Election Interference

By delaying the J6 Trial, is SCOTUS Interfering with the Election?

• Total voters
I think most people have made up their mind about his guilt and whether it will affect their vote. If a person thinks he committed immoral acts they will vote against him even if he is found not guilty.

IMO it's very disturbing that there is a large number of people who believe he did absolutely nothing wrong and that all these court cases, and the 91 felony indictments, are just "persecution" by the (D)s. Even more disturbing, however, is the fact that there are people who believe that the charges and verdicts are justified but will vote for him anyways.

It is not about people making up their minds. If Trump is found guilty in the document case, the insurrection or the attempt to get fake electors to replace the real ones, the few Trumpys who respect the law will not be able to vote for him. Trump has not expanded his bade. His criminal behavior has made him unpalatable to lots of potential voters.

I hope to the gods that you are right, but fear that you're wrong.

IMO it's very disturbing that there is a large number of people who believe he did absolutely nothing wrong and that all these court cases, and the 91 felony indictments, are just "persecution" by the (D)s. Even more disturbing, however, is the fact that there are people who believe that the charges and verdicts are justified but will vote for him anyways.

I actually understand people not concerning themselves with the person, no matter how despicable, if he endorses their policy positions--

to me, the latter are always more important than the person.

I'm not sure that I could vote for a mound of diseased protoplasm like Trump under any circumstance,
but I at least understand the principle.

What makes me very pessimistic about this republic's future
are the tens of millions of devolved mutants who agree with his policy positions.

I actually understand people not concerning themselves with the person, no matter how despicable, if he endorses their policy positions--

to me, the latter are always more important than the person.

I'm not sure that I could vote for a mound of diseased protoplasm like Trump under any circumstance,
but I at least understand the principle.

What makes me very pessimistic about this republic's future
are the tens of millions of devolved mutants who agree with his policy positions.

It's one thing to vote for a candidate with a marginal personality because he/she holds the same views as you. It's quite another to vote for a candidate who is clearly a criminal who does whatever he wants, laws be damned, and who thinks the Constitution and our laws do not apply to him.

Disagree. Most Trump voters are still going to support him even if found guilty. It will make his support even stronger among some because they think he is a victim of a "deep state" FBI plot controlled by Biden.
Trump voters, yes. I’m guessing there will be less of them than in 2020 or 2016. I’m also guessing a higher than usual number of Third party voter.

I disagree. The electoral college has served us well. Only a very few times has the popular vote winner not won the electoral college.

How has it served us? It has put a person with fewer votes in the Whitehouse a few times. That is anathema to Democracy. The person with the most votes wins every election at every level except one.

Disagree. Most Trump voters are still going to support him even if found guilty. It will make his support even stronger among some because they think he is a victim of a "deep state" FBI plot controlled by Biden.

I think most people have made up their mind about his guilt and whether it will affect their vote. If a person thinks he committed immoral acts they will vote against him even if he is found not guilty.

The poll is 2/1/24. Ten months could change some opinions such as the economy, border issues....

I think it will be very close again regardless of trial outcomes. Trump's losses in those civil cases already decided did not seem to change opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if convictions don't affect independent votes, but Republicans think it is all a deep state plot.

Sure. And things might not change.

But currently the data shows that Swing State, the most important voters who typically do not vote on ideology highly value data on whether Trump is a felon or not, and if so it will greatly harm his view with them.

What you are saying about the border could help bring him back, but that does not cancel out that the felony convictions would drop him down with them.

Question?

If Trump claims he did nothing wrong in the two federal cases against him, it seem to me he would want quick trials to clear his name and prove his innocence?!! The way it looks now, with SCOTUS slow walking Jack Smith election subversion case and Judge Cannon doing the same in the documents case, these trials may not happen before the election?!! Most Americans want a Trump trial before the election too!

So open minded voters should take it for granted that Trump did commit these crimes and would be found guilty in a trial?!! If voters believe in the rule of law, then Trump must held accountable for his crimes and never should be president again?!!

If Trump loses the election, he will be held accountable for his crimes and if Trump wins, the two federal cases against him go away and keep in mind he will appoint two younger version Alito and Thomas to the supreme court too?!!
:eek2:

4gepfo.jpg

Last edited:

Agreed. That is why I don't think the trial outcomes will affect their vote. The Trump haters will vote against him and the Trump lovers will vote for him regardless of the verdict. It may affect those who make their decisions late in the election cycle.

Trump voters, yes. I’m guessing there will be less of them than in 2020 or 2016. I’m also guessing a higher than usual number of Third party voter.

Based on these early polls it doesn't look like Trump will get less votes. Many are critical of the inflation and border problems and blame the current president for them.

How has it served us? It has put a person with fewer votes in the Whitehouse a few times. That is anathema to Democracy. The person with the most votes wins every election at every level except one.

That is why James Madison went to great effort to avoid creating a democracy. He said in a democracy the majority always wins and government should not allow one group to impose its policies on others (Federalist #10).

Few nations elect their president by popular vote.

Thankfully, his base isn't enough to get him over the finish line.

Sane voters care about the mess he created.

For anything! What trump and his lawyers are arguing is that a president can do anything, including having Seal Team 6 murder a political rival (for example if Biden had trump killed) and unless he was impeached and convicted by the Senate for it, he's immune from criminal prosecution. It's fucking ridiculous for the court even to take it up.
Ironically, if they rule in trump's favor before Jan. 21 '25, trump might be assassinated by Seal Team 6.

Based on these early polls it doesn't look like Trump will get less votes. Many are critical of the inflation and border problems and blame the current president for them.

Noise and complaints are one thing, but showing up on Election Day is another. :)

Ironically, if they rule in trump's favor before Jan. 21 '25, trump might be assassinated by Seal Team 6.

They won't rule in Trump's favor, I predict. But they will likely succeed in delaying the trial until after the election. That was their motive for the timing of when they took the case.

They won't rule in Trump's favor, I predict. But they will likely succeed in delaying the trial until after the election. That was their motive for the timing of when they took the case.
If Trump loses the election, he’s toast. If he wins, he’ll pardon himself….which is an admission of guilt.

If Trump loses the election, he’s toast. If he wins, he’ll pardon himself….which is an admission of guilt.

Yep, that's one of the reasons he's running for president, to make his crimes to away. The other reason is retribution against anyone who tried to bring him to justice or attacked his character. His ghost-writer, now critic for his "The Art of the Deal" book predicts he'll have to leave the country for his safety.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with...art-of-the-deal-coauthor-on-2024-204669509530

"The Art of the Deal” co author Tony Schwartz tells MSNBC’s Ari Melber that Trump is “immensely dangerous” and will be an “authoritarian leader,” adding that if Trump is reelected he will be “leaving the United States.”

Back