California

cawacko

Man, our state is financially f*cked once again. Some $14 billion deficit. This guy in the Times the other day wrote a column that people making $100k and over comprised 14% of taxpayers but paid 84% of the income tax. Those making $1 million or more comprised 1/3 of 1% of taxpayers but paid 36.5% of the income tax. So California already soaks the rich. It's the middle class that is now going to get hosed.

They are talking about the car tax again which hits middle class folks the hardest and possible tax increases which again will hit the middle class.

I don't know what's in the water out here but our politicians have a hard-on to see who can spend the most.

And while California is growing in population look at who is coming in. For the most part it is legal and illegal immigrants (not those moving from within the U.S.). I'm not saying that's good or bad but just that it is fact. And most of these immigrants are not well off (initially) financially and rely a lot of the government for help.

So yes fine, I'm racist, xenophobic and whatever other terms are used when discussing the financial effects of illegal immigrants in California. They do provide a lot of the back bone of our work force here but imo it is willfully nieve (sp?) to think that these families are not contributors to this $14 billion deficit.

I also had high hopes for Arnold when he took office. I thought with his fame and money he might actually do some real good as Govenor in terms of our state's finances. Silly me. Arnold is just like the rest of them, another politician.

arnold never addressed the structural problems. He hid the debt with massive borrowing, and he rode the tax revenue from skyrocketing property values as long as he could. Time to pay up. Gimmicks won't cut it anymore.

arnold never addressed the structural problems. He hid the debt with massive borrowing, and he rode the tax revenue from skyrocketing property values as long as he could. Time to pay up. Gimmicks won't cut it anymore.

Yeah, he and the legislature took that excess tax money paid by the home owners and promptly went out and spent it.

I also had high hopes for Arnold when he took office. I thought with his fame and money he might actually do some real good as Govenor in terms of our state's finances. Silly me. Arnold is just like the rest of them, another politician.

I agree 100%. I think he became a total fish when his 4 ballot initiatives were met with a roundhouse kick to the face.

Ah well, Hawaii isn't that much better, albeit with such a small population, we can make more effective changes.

I agree 100%. I think he became a total fish when his 4 ballot initiatives were met with a roundhouse kick to the face.

Ah well, Hawaii isn't that much better, albeit with such a small population, we can make more effective changes.

I did like those four measures he put on the ballot and its a shame they all went down to defeat. I'll give him props for trying on that.

I did like those four measures he put on the ballot and its a shame they all went down to defeat. I'll give him props for trying on that.

I agreed with them as well, and voted for all 4 of them. But I think when they got so roundly defeated he said "well, give these retards what they want then", and that's what's happening. Californians are pretty stupid, and he's giving them what they asked for, like a good little politician.

Man, our state is financially f*cked once again. Some $14 billion deficit. This guy in the Times the other day wrote a column that people making $100k and over comprised 14% of taxpayers but paid 84% of the income tax. Those making $1 million or more comprised 1/3 of 1% of taxpayers but paid 36.5% of the income tax. So California already soaks the rich. It's the middle class that is now going to get hosed.

They are talking about the car tax again which hits middle class folks the hardest and possible tax increases which again will hit the middle class.

I don't know what's in the water out here but our politicians have a hard-on to see who can spend the most.

And while California is growing in population look at who is coming in. For the most part it is legal and illegal immigrants (not those moving from within the U.S.). I'm not saying that's good or bad but just that it is fact. And most of these immigrants are not well off (initially) financially and rely a lot of the government for help.

So yes fine, I'm racist, xenophobic and whatever other terms are used when discussing the financial effects of illegal immigrants in California. They do provide a lot of the back bone of our work force here but imo it is willfully nieve (sp?) to think that these families are not contributors to this $14 billion deficit.

Honestly, the top income rate in California is like 7%. Stop being ridiculous. State taxes don't even begin to touch federal taxes.

Just raise taxes some more. :clink:

How big is your average budget? 100 billion or so? 14 billion is only big in relation to the size of your government, and California obviously has the most people to care for out of any state government. I'd love for the federal government to only have a 14 billion shortfall...

I agreed with them as well, and voted for all 4 of them. But I think when they got so roundly defeated he said "well, give these retards what they want then", and that's what's happening. Californians are pretty stupid, and he's giving them what they asked for, like a good little politician.

Tying test results to teacher pay is idiotic. Every other nation in the world manages to teach their children without standardized tests. Our curriculums are horrible pieces of shit that now teach kids to memorize for the one big standardized test and ignore everything else.

Honestly, the top income rate in California is like 7%. Stop being ridiculous. State taxes don't even begin to touch federal taxes.

Just raise taxes some more. :clink:

How big is your average budget? 100 billion or so? 14 billion is only big in relation to the size of your government, and California obviously has the most people to care for out of any state government. I'd love for the federal government to only have a 14 billion shortfall...

Sorry dude it's 9.3% and it is high compared to other states. And of course state budgets aren't going to be as high as federal budgets but that's not what we are talking about.

Tying test results to teacher pay is idiotic. Every other nation in the world manages to teach their children without standardized tests. Our curriculums are horrible pieces of shit that now teach kids to memorize for the one big standardized test and ignore everything else.

ZOMG!> That's not what it was about.

Google the other initiatives and post a uscitizen style mindless post on those as well if you have the werewithall.

Sorry dude it's 9.3% and it is high compared to other states. And of course state budgets aren't going to be as high as federal budgets but that's not what we are talking about.

9.3% and 7%, that isn't going to make a difference.

Can't you just come to the conclusion that the reason the rich pay such a large portion of the income tax is because they make so much more money?

Can't you just come to the conclusion that the reason the rich pay such a large portion of the income tax is because they make so much more money?

2.3% on $100 billion is not much money? I'd beg to differ.

I love how the question has changed from how much the fucking government should spend, to how much people are paying.

Watermark, the government already is the richest, largest, most cash consuming entity that the world has ever seen, exponentially richer than any private entity.

Arguing that the rich aren't paying enough is saying that the government doesn't have enough money, and that's just sick.

More, more more, when the government says so, its benevolence, when a hot tub salesman says it, its greed.

You're still so young and stupid. I wish, I long for those days again. ZOMG?

I love how the question has changed from how much the fucking government should spend, to how much people are paying.

Watermark, the government already is the richest, largest, most cash consuming entity that the world has ever seen, exponentially richer than any private entity.

Arguing that the rich aren't paying enough is saying that the government doesn't have enough money, and that's just sick.

More, more more, when the government says so, its benevolence, when a hot tub salesman says it, its greed.

You're still so young and stupid. I wish, I long for those days again. ZOMG?

The government of today is the smallest government since the thirties. YOu're people have raped our social programs down to the bare bones, and yet you always want to come back for more blood. When is it enough? How many old people have to die of preventable illness's until your greed is sated?

The government of today is the smallest government since the thirties. YOu're people have raped our social programs down to the bare bones, and yet you always want to come back for more blood. When is it enough? How many old people have to die of preventable illness's until your greed is sated?
Smallest since the 30s? What parallel universe do you think you live in?

It's not much of a proportion, and that's a concept you fail to understand.

Yes, it is, you fail to understand. 2.3% is make or break shit for private industry, but for you government lovers, its insignificant.

Start working, start having your labor hijacked, start feeling what all this shit means. 2.3% to me would have meant another $1,000 to me last year, and fuck yeah, it would have helped.

You obviously have no idea of what you speak. No clue, whatsoever.

Oh man, I just fell on the floor. This is priceless. Ah to be 18 again.

Back