California

Do you know how hard it is to fire a teacher? And because its not your top priority you still think its a bad idea that poor performing teachers almost can't be removed?

I also guess I am missing what is partisan about wanting good teachers in schools or conversely not wanting poor teachers in class?

Sorry for posting this again but I am really curious as to how you think on this issue since it's an important one to me.

Honestly, the top income rate in California is like 7%. Stop being ridiculous. State taxes don't even begin to touch federal taxes.

Just raise taxes some more. :clink:

How big is your average budget? 100 billion or so? 14 billion is only big in relation to the size of your government, and California obviously has the most people to care for out of any state government. I'd love for the federal government to only have a 14 billion shortfall...

actually, the top rate is over 9%. Add that to the federal bracket and that hurts. Compare it to the flat tax of Colorado at 4.63%.

I mean, Cawacko, we ALREADY have a shortage of teachers. Just about the only thing we have to bargain people into accepting a teaching position is job security. And that's pretty sad.

But we really can't even fire the bad ones we do have.

actually, the top rate is over 9%. Add that to the federal bracket and that hurts. Compare it to the flat tax of Colorado at 4.63%.

And the New Hampshire tax of nothing. :)

NH does a good job. They have just enough to support everyone. Vermont is just beside them and has the biggest income tax in the nation.

Yeah, guess what? When Tom Delay put his redistricting into effect in Texas, that ensurede the house for the repukes. Now, does that affect me in NY? Yeah, you bet. And it affects you in California, but then you liked it.

I hope you used Clairol last night, since you are playing the dumb blonde today?

Yes, to get over the politics of it, it will almost certainly have to be done at a federal level.

And still, the people with the most state legislators under their control are going to think it's an evil plan to destroy them.

I mean, Cawacko, we ALREADY have a shortage of teachers. Just about the only thing we have to bargain people into accepting a teaching position is job security. And that's pretty sad.

But we really can't even fire the bad ones we do have.

I don't accept that premise. There are people that want to teach. We do kids a major disservice by keeping documented poor performing teachers in the classroom year after year. Somehow Cypress says thats a partisan thing. I'm missing what's partisan about it.

I ask this question again Cypress.

who gives a crap? I don't know how hard it is to fire a teacher, and neither do you, except for what you read on the CATO website. Only people who work intimately with the education system know.

And I don't consider making it easier to fire teachers, ban flag burning, or preventing gay marriage to be an agenda even worthy of discusssion. Its rightwing tool BS

Arnold's intiatives were all a BS rightwing power grab. You're not fooling me cawacko, or the voters of Cali. Those intiatives were about taking power from teachers unions and unions in general, shoving the rightwing morality down our throats with the abortion initiative, and redistricting the state to give more legislative seats to republicans. Its funny, when repubs held the state legislature in Cali, they seemed perfectly content with the current system.

No offense cawacko. :)

Last edited:
who gives a crap? I don't know how hard it is to fire a teacher, and neither do you, except for what you read on the CATO webite. Only people who work intimately with the education system know.

And I don't consider making it easier to fire teachers, ban flag burning, or preventing gay marriage to be an agenda even worthy of discusssion. Its rightwing tool BS

Arnold's intiatives were all a BS rightwing power grab. You're not fooling me cawacko, or the voters of Cali. Those intiatives were about taking power from teachers unions and unions in general, shoving the rightwing morality down our throats with the abortion initiative, and redistricting the state to give more legislative seats to republicans. Its funny, when repubs held the state legislature in Cali, they seemed perfectly content with the current system.

No offense is taken.

I can only view this response as coming from someone who is so partisan they cannot see the trees through the forest (or however the hell that saying goes) and does not have children.

who gives a crap? I don't know how hard it is to fire a teacher, and neither do you, except for what you read on the CATO website. Only people who work intimately with the education system know.

you ask who gives a crap? I sure hope the parents who have kids in school give a crap and others that may not have kids but care about kids education and our future.

No offense is taken.

I can only view this response as coming from someone who is so partisan they cannot see the trees through the forest (or however the hell that saying goes) and does not have children.

You know Cawacko, I find it hysterical that you are defending your vote for ALL FOUR of a Republicans proposals, a Republican star (who gave an infamous “economic girly men) speech at the 04 Republican convention, with an air of “I’m above all of the politics on this” about you! Would you give it up already!

You know Cawacko, I find it hysterical that you are defending your vote for ALL FOUR of a Republicans proposals, a Republican star (who gave an infamous “economic girly men) speech at the 04 Republican convention, with an air of “I’m above all of the politics on this” about you! Would you give it up already!

okay, that made me laugh

you ask who gives a crap? I sure hope the parents who have kids in school give a crap and others that may not have kids but care about kids education and our future.

I'm guessing since the rightwing power grab against teachers went down in flames at the polls, a lot of voters - even those with kids - knew arnold's initiatives were all BS.

No, i voted for three of the four. I said I didn't vote for the parental notification on abortion.

Should I reflexively support everything a Republican does and be against everything a Democrat does? That would be lovely.

Notice I can explain and back up why I believe in and supported each measure other than just saying 'Arnold supports it and so do I'? There are a lot of things Arnold has proposed that I do not support so you attempt to paint me as on Arnold's nuts because he has a R next to his name is false.

No, i voted for three of the four. I said I didn't vote for the parental notification on abortion.

Should I reflexively support everything a Republican does and be against everything a Democrat does? That would be lovely.

Notice I can explain and back up why I believe in and supported each measure other than just saying 'Arnold supports it and so do I'? There are a lot of things Arnold has proposed that I do not support so you attempt to paint me as on Arnold's nuts because he has a R next to his name is false.

And I voted FOR Arnold's intiative on after school programs for children. The one in 2001, I think it was.

So, can we dispense with the "you're just a partisan parrot" nonsense. I try to vote my values. 9 times out of 10, these idiotic GOP sponsored intiatives don't represent my values. Fancy words don't fool me. I can tell when they're trying to bust unions, game the system to their advantage, or shove their morality down our throats.

And I voted FOR Arnold's intiative on after school programs for children. The one in 2001, I think it was.

So, can we dispense with the "you're just a partisan parrot" nonsense. I try to vote my values. 9 times out of 10, these idiotic GOP sponsored intiatives don't represent my values. Fancy words don't fool me. I can tell when they're trying to bust unions, game the system to their advantage, or shove their morality down our throats.

So supporting failing teachers continuing to teach in the classroom is part of your values?

I'm guessing since the rightwing power grab against teachers went down in flames at the polls, a lot of voters - even those with kids - knew arnold's initiatives were all BS.

Because all n*ggas (like Jay-Z is currently saying on my Itunes) like failing teachers because it makes my homeboy Cypress feel poiitically good while not having to deal with failing kids in the hood while he is in the country nice and safe.

Back