California

Wrong election. What you described above is something that people were attempting to put on the upcoming ballot. It did not receive the support needed to make it to the ballot. It was not one of Arnold's four initiatives.

Arnold's four measures.

Take redistricting out of the hands of the politicians and put them in a panel of non-partisan ex-judges or something like that. Oh the horror of such a measure. How would California survive??? Polls show Californian's give the legislature approval ratings in the teens and 20 percent range and think they are too partisan yet they don't want to do anything about it. Go figure. The irony though is people tend to choose to live near like minded people so even if politicians didn't redistrict themselves we probably wouldn't see a big change in the legislatures make-up as far as partisanship.

Another initiative would require unions to get employee consent before using union dues for political purposes. I can hear Cypress's heart going Dick Cheney right now. 'I feel the big one coming'. How dare workers have a say in how their money is spent.

Another regarded teachers and would extend the amount of time for a teacher to become a permanent employee from two to five years. It modified the process in how school boards (or whoever is in charge) can fire a teacher after back-to-back unsatisfactory performance reviews. Again, I don't see the problem here. I'd be interested in hearing the argument of how it is a bad thing to make it easier to get rid of poor and underperforming teachers.

The last one is about parental notification for abortion for people under 18. In retrospect I may have voted against this one.

Like I said, the initiative were all rightwing pipe dreams about social conservativism, unions, and teachers, and getting electoral votes for GOP presidential candidates.

They largely had nothing to do with the budget.

the california intiatives that cawacko is so excited about dealt with electoral "reform" (reallocating electoral votes), making it easier to fire teachers, making it harder for unions to make political contributions, parental consent for abortion, and I think there was one giving the governor more power to bypass the legislature to cut spending.

I'm glad they went down in flames. I voted against all of them.

Any electoral reform away from winner take all whenever all the other states have it practically amounts to suicide. That's why reform has to take place at the national level or not at all.

Like I said, the initiative were all rightwing pipe dreams about social conservativism, unions, and teachers, and getting electoral votes for GOP presidential candidates.

I'm confused as to why you voted down non-partisan redistricting though, Cypress.

How does redistricting for the state legislature have anything to do with GOP Presidential candidates?

It's good to know you support keeping non-performing teachers in classrooms. Political ideology over what actually effects kids.

I forget what college watergerber goes to.
BUt 7% being a low state income tax because it's lower than federal is the funniest line I've heard in weeks.
Why, Gerber gets and allowance from his rich dad!!!!
7% is steep, most states dissallow a lot of federal deductions.:clink:

Strawman.

7% would only be the highest bracket, not the flat bracket, anyway.

Any electoral reform away from winner take all whenever all the other states have it practically amounts to suicide. That's why reform has to take place at the national level or not at all.

It was not about redistricting electoral votes. You are either blantantly lying or just have the elections confused.

How does redistricting for the state legislature have anything to do with GOP Presidential candidates?

It's good to know you support keeping non-performing teachers in classrooms. Political ideology over what actually effects kids.

You guys are confused.

There was one ballot measure for non-partisan redistricting, and there was another for distributing electors by US house electoral districts instead of by the current winner-take-all system (which would mean REpublicans would win some of California's votes, and would still have their own winner-take all bastions).

I stand corrrected. I forgot it was about state legislative districts.

those initiative were rightwing tripe cawacko. Everyone knew it. That's why they went down in flames. They were a christmas wish list for cons, that did nothing to address most of the fundamental structual problems of the state.

Teacher can still be fired, for poor performance. Making it easier to fire them, is not my top priority.

You guys are confused.

There was one ballot measure for non-partisan redistricting, and there was another for distributing electors by US house electoral districts instead of by the current winner-take-all system (which would mean REpublicans would win some of California's votes, and would still have their own winner-take all bastions).

Dude, we live here. You are confused. Like I said you are talking about two different elections. The four props had nothing to do with house electoral votes.

those initiative were rightwing tripe cawacko. Everyone knew it. That's why they went down in flames. They were a christmas wish list for cons, that did nothing to address most of the fundamental structual problems of the state.

Teacher can still be fired, for poor performance. Making it easier to fire them, is not my top priority.

That is such bullcrap I cannot believe it. No wonder this state finds itself in the position its in.

Non-partisan redistricting is a Christmas tree for righties?

Do you know how hard it is to fire a teacher? And because its not your top priority you still think its a bad idea that poor performing teachers almost can't be removed?

I also guess I am missing what is partisan about wanting good teachers in schools or conversely not wanting poor teachers in class?

Dude, we live here. You are confused. Like I said you are talking about two different elections. The four props had nothing to do with house electoral votes.

Ok Cawacko, that was a different scam he tried to run, and they are still trying to run, sorry, it's hard to keep track of all of the r scams to stay in power. So, then, explain wtf this has to do with the budget then? I got this from a ny times article written the day after voters rejected it:

Voters turned down an initiative to cap state spending and grant sweeping new budget powers to the governor and a plan to transfer the power to draw legislative districts from the Legislature, which is controlled by Democrats, to a panel of retired judges also appeared to be failing.

Do you know how hard it is to fire a teacher? And because its not your top priority you still think its a bad idea that poor performing teachers almost can't be removed?

I also guess I am missing what is partisan about wanting good teachers in schools or conversely not wanting poor teachers in class?

you elected the guy. You claimed he was going to address fundemental fiscal and tax problem.

And instead, he gave you a wish list of con pipe dreams: firing teachers, parental constent for abortion, limiting the political influence of unions.

Everyone knew it was BS cawacko. They lost by wide margins

Thank you. I am missing that one as well.

Right, you’re missing it Cawacko. Because it was just a coincidence that the legislature was controlled by democrats when Arnold tried to put through that change. If Republicans had controlled it, he would have made the proposal anyway. Right Cawacko.

I ask this question again Cypress.

Back