Can a prison sentence violate the eighth ammendment?

Yes. It usually takes a hormonally excited male to get to the age of 24 or 25 before he figures it out.

Well, you know, there were some desperate men who thought that they would certainly get a girl by the time they were 24 or 25. You know who they are now? 50 year old virgins.

Fortunately, funny desperate men have many advantages over boring desperate men.

Thing about me is, that I'm not the "smooth" funny, like Beefy. My funniness isn't even intentional. I'm sort of a funny savant, randomly spouting out things that I later find out are hilarious.

I just used green eyes and a powerful dose of apathy. It seemed to do the trick nicely when I was a teen.

Well, you know, there were some desperate men who thought that they would certainly get a girl by the time they were 24 or 25. You know who they are now? 50 year old virgins.

I know a guy like that. He's successful as hell, runs a Jewelery store in beverly hills, he's good looking, not Brad Pitt, but good enough. He lives in a $650,000 house, has cars, trucks, dune buggies, all that shit. He's super cool, smart, funny and a good good person. But he never tried hard enough with women and now he's defeatist. He's "accepted" that he will die the same death as Isaac newton. But it doesn't have to be this way.

Its simple. Don't present. Just be. Presentations get shut down.

Fortunately, funny desperate men have many advantages over boring desperate men.

Thing about me is, that I'm not the "smooth" funny, like Beefy. My funniness isn't even intentional. I'm sort of a funny savant, randomly spouting out things that I later find out are hilarious.

See, that's funny. Good on ya.

I know a guy like that. He's successful as hell, runs a Jewelery store in beverly hills, he's good looking, not Brad Pitt, but good enough. He lives in a $650,000 house, has cars, trucks, dune buggies, all that shit. He's super cool, smart, funny and a good good person. But he never tried hard enough with women and now he's defeatist. He's "accepted" that he will die the same death as Isaac newton. But it doesn't have to be this way.

Its simple. Don't present. Just be. Presentations get shut down.

You know as well as I do that I know that and ignore it every time I see a girl.

That's good. I'm going to go to every girl I know tommorrow, look them straight in the eye, and tell them "I don't care."

Then I will look away, through away my cigarette, and a really cool car will appear, and I will drive off in it with the engine roaring, and they will look at the ground and wonder about the mysteries of life and why they are so lonely.

So, it would be sort of a reversal of positions. You see?

I'm cooler than Stevey McQueen. Much cooler.

Rule #1. Nothing, NOTHING, is cooler than Steve McQueen.

Rule #2. You are not Steve McQueen.

Rule #3. Chicks don't dig the smoking like they used to.

Rule #1. Nothing, NOTHING, is cooler than Steve McQueen.

Rule #2. You are not Steve McQueen.

Rule #3. Chicks don't dig the smoking like they used to.
Rule #1. Nothing is as Ron Paul as Ron Paul, Steve McQueen runs a distant second in Ron Paul...

Rule #2. Steve McQueen is not Ron Paul.

Rule #3. When Ron Paul jumps in the ocean he doesn't get wet, the ocean gets Ron Paul!

So far as I know, there has only been one case in which the courts have struck mandatory noncapitol punishment down: some v. Helm (a man was put in prison for life without parole for his seventh nonviolent felony). And we seem to be getting away from that - for instance, three strikes laws, which allow for people to be given the same sentence for much less, were upheld. And a Michigan law that puts people in life for holding 650 grams of drug in prison for life without parole was also upheld in recent years, as the court has had a rather extreme bent to the right.

Do you think that ANY mandatory prison sentence can violate the eighth ammendment?

You realise that "only 650 grams" of a drug is roughly 24 ounces (a pound and a half), right?

Of course they put him in prison for life.

Back