Can Bipartisanship Survive in Today's Political Climate?

nadiabarra

With increasing political division, can bipartisanship survive, and what would it take to foster more collaborative governance in Washington?

Nothing that's already dead can be expected to survive.

By global standards, we don't even have a liberal party in this country...
just center-right Democrats and crazy-right Republicans.

Despite that, the Republicans are so far right that there's no common ground available for compromise.
It's an us or them environment.
No point looking for bipartisanship.
Th necessity is to win.

I don't have a viable progressive party to join, so I have no choice but to vote in a straight blue line...
which I have done since 1968.

With increasing political division, can bipartisanship survive, and what would it take to foster more collaborative governance in Washington?
Good question. Welcome.
To my mind it would require delegates, not representatives. People power .

While more government transparency and accountability are essential for fostering bipartisanship, the challenge also lies in overcoming deeply entrenched political divisions. How do you think citizens can effectively hold government officials accountable, and what role should the public play in promoting collaborative governance?
More government transparency would help. Holding gov't officials accountable for official actions would help.

While more government transparency and accountability are essential for fostering bipartisanship, the challenge also lies in overcoming deeply entrenched political divisions. How do you think citizens can effectively hold government officials accountable, and what role should the public play in promoting collaborative governance?
My answers are rather generic, ... we can vote, we can protest. Can we limit prosecutorial discretion? IDK. What happened to the perv Island video tapes? IDK.

I will never be convinced that grown men should be allowed in the little girls bathroom. So we are at an impasse.

If we have delegates, not representatives, then accountability is almost guaranteed as delegates , unlike representatives, are extremely difficult to buy. They answer directly to their electorate, not to any party whips or lobbyists.
Of course, there will be differences of opinion from one region's population to another and so delegates must debate between themselves and carry their recommendations back to their electorate. That way, the electorate is empowered throughout the entire administration's term, not just on polling day every four years.
I'll get out of the way now.

Well, you have to put your finger on what is causing the divide- Donald Trump, his CULT FOLLOWING, and the SUPREME COURT!

NO, there is no hope for any kind of civility, reparations, progress, human decency, peace, common sense, bipartisanship, common interest, AS LONG AS DONALD TRUMP is leading his CULT- and his CULTISTS keep enabling their abomination of a man- MEANWHILE OUR POLITICALLY CORRUPTED AND NOW ROGUE SUPREME COURT THAT WAS ENABLED BY DONALD TRUMP, IS NOW ENABLING THEIR MONSTER and keeping him unleashed, AND ALLOWING THE MONSTER TO CONTINUE TO FURTHER TERRORIZE THE PUBLIC. That must be dealt with FIRST!

Donald Trump is the root of all evil- and until this evil FORCE can be realized, and STOPPED COLD and taken out of harms way, our nation will remain in constant chaos, dysfunction, despair, and disrepair!

Last edited:
Well, you have to put your finger on what is causing the divide- Donald Trump and his CULT FOLLOWING!

NO, there is no hope for any kind of civility, reparations, progress, human decency, peace, common sense, bipartisanship, common interest, AS LONG AS DONALD TRUMP is leading his CULT- and his CULTISTS keep enabling their abomination of a man.

Donald Trump is the root of all evil- and until this evil FORCE can be realized, and STOPPED COLD and taken out of harms way, our nation will remain in constant chaos, dysfunction, despair, and disrepair!
one of the biggest things we need to have done is people wake up to what Trump and the 2025 project want to do ,
I am sure there are a lot of ex military people that do not want a dictatorship like myself.
we didn't serve and some of us fight in wars to just turn our backs on this country and let this country become a Dictatorship.
and yes the people on the far left have to give us some things too,
and as it looks now nothing is going to get done until Trump and the far right MAGAS are gone.
Have a nice day

one of the biggest things we need to have done is people wake up to what Trump and the 2025 project want to do ,
I am sure there are a lot of ex military people that do not want a dictatorship like myself.
we didn't serve and some of us fight in wars to just turn our backs on this country and let this country become a Dictatorship.
and yes the people on the far left have to give us some things too,
and as it looks now nothing is going to get done until Trump and the far right MAGAS are gone.
Have a nice day
You have to go further down into AMERICA's DNA, to get to the root of the PROBLEM.

We currently have a SUPREME COURT that is enabling Donald Trump!

And our corrupted and now ROGUE Supreme Court, that is being bribed and gifted by the same people that wrote the MANIFESTO 2025, are the ones who are enabling Donald Trump, giving him the DIVINE POWER to become a dictator, and carry out the MANIFESTO 2025.

If the Supreme Court had done the job WE the PEOPLE expected them to do- Donald Trump would already be in jail and not out here terrorizing the public and still on the Campaign trail TO BEGIN WITH!

The Supreme Court is now leading our country- AND THAT HAS TO BE DEALT WITH FIRST AND FOREMOST OR IT'S ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE AND THE MANIFESTO WILL BECOME UNITED STATES DOCTRINE!

You have to go further down into AMERICA's DNA, to get to the root of the PROBLEM.

And our corrupted and now ROGUE Supreme Court, that is being bribed and gifted by the same people that wrote the MANIFESTO 2025, are the ones who are enabling Donald Trump, giving him the DIVINE POWER to become a dictator, and carry out the MANIFESTO 2025.

If the Supreme Court had done the job WE the PEOPLE expected them to do- Donald Trump would already be in jail and not out here terrorizing the public and still on the Campaign trail TO BEGIN WITH!

The Supreme Court is now leading our country- AND THAT HAS TO BE DEALT WITH FIRST AND FOREMOST OR IT'S ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE AND THE MANIFESTO WILL BECOME UNITED STATES DOCTRINE!
200w.gif

still a LOT of it goes back to the 2025 Project and what THEY want , and not what America needs.
Have a nice day

Yes it can survive but one party is hell bent on destroying America and too many in the other party just sit by and watch it happen. They seem more interested in being popular than in doing the right thing.

still a LOT of it goes back to the 2025 Project and what THEY want , and not what America needs.
Have a nice day
What does Project 2025 propose? Cite from the actual Project 2025 document not an opinion piece. Don't TELL us what it says, SHOW us what it says. I'll wait here.

What does Project 2025 propose? Cite from the actual Project 2025 document not an opinion piece. Don't TELL us what it says, SHOW us what it says. I'll wait here.
sorry already did this several times and I am not going to do all the work for lazy MAGAS.
Read it and WAKE UP.
Taking peoples guns away and shutting down some MSM outlets are just a few.
Stomping on Americans CONSTITUTIONAL rights.
Just like Trump says he wants to do.
Have a nice day

sorry already did this several times and I am not going to do all the work for lazy MAGAS.
Read it and WAKE UP.
Taking peoples guns away and shutting down some MSM outlets are just a few.
Stomping on Americans CONSTITUTIONAL rights.
Just like Trump says he wants to do.
Have a nice day
I call bullshit. I wouldn't trust you filthy bastards with my dog. You never had anything and never will. Why do you assholes think everyone is as stupid as you?

I call bullshit. I wouldn't trust you filthy bastards with my dog. You never had anything and never will. Why do you assholes think everyone is as stupid as you?
well go ahead and STAY STUPID I really don't care.
all I can say is watch out what you wish for because once you get it and it turns around and bites you in the ass it is too late to go back.
and I will ask you like I have other MAGAS once Trump and the 2025 project get done taking the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS away from the people on the left and they start coming after YOURS what are you going to do then?
Have a nice day

Back